Project Manager, Student Information System (SIS) Two (2)-year contract, full-time position This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager, able to handle the full scope of deliverables as well as confidently develop best
We are seeking an individual who is aligned with our core values and reflects our core competencies to join our Information Technology Department as the Digital Services Specialist. This is a full-time position. At Havergal College, we believe that
The Opportunity We are looking for a Software Developer to join the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team within our Data & Analytics program. As a part of a team, you will be responsible for the development of processes across the full software
The opportunity We are looking for an Associate Software Developer to join the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team within our Data & Analytics program. As a part of a team, you will be accountable for the development of processes across the full
A career opportunity with College-wide impact for a strategically minded and tactically skilled executive who is prepared to drive practical, innovative solutions to complex situations and make evidence-based decisions aligned to Centennial's
The opportunity We are looking for an Associate Software Developer to join our Reporting and Analytics team within our Data & Analytics program on a 12-month contract. As a part of a team, you will be responsible for the development of Enterprise
Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future? Are you searching for an organization, where you can leverage your exceptional Business Analysis and Project Management skills, contributing to technical projects and programs that really make a difference in the lives of Ontarians? If so, then consider these exciting opportunities with IT Source and the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
IT Source is an internal professional services unit in the Central Agencies I+IT Cluster of the Treasury Board Secretariat. Our branch offers the Ontario Public Service I+IT community a modern, effective approach to resource augmentation, and we are currently seeking highly skilled technical project professionals to join our high-performance Analyst Practice.
Our Professional Service teams join enterprise-wide projects supporting the I+IT community and the great work they are doing. Our clients are diverse, and the projects varied and can be complex and challenging. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in environments using a broad spectrum of both leading and legacy technologies. As you move from project to project, your assignments through IT Source will vary in length and will be located in a variety of client site locations throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
As our organization moves towards a digital future and work in an Agile environment, many of our current projects are focused on Web-based solutions, Data Migration, Business Intelligence using tools such as Cognos, Informatica and ETL, and Business Process Engineering and Re-engineering. As a key contributor, you have experience in some or all of these, and knowledge of the Business Analyst Body of Knowledge (BABOK) and the use of Agile approaches. In this role, you can leverage your hands-on knowledge of the full SDLC (Software Development Life-Cycle) in an enterprise environment to contribute to both the Business Analysis and project aspects of your assignments.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will
• Use business analysis techniques and tools, such as business process modelling and re-engineering, Joint Application Development (JAD) and interviewing, to assess the business requirements of clients.
• Gather and organize information on programs, services and business objectives; identify, evaluate, and advise on feasibility of various options, priorities, benefits and approaches; assess impact on service delivery resources, business and cost savings; and develop recommendations, including identifying opportunities for maximizing efficiency of business practices.
• Develop details of, and participate in, business analysis activity for consolidation into an overall project plan.
• Provide systems consulting expertise in the design, development, integration, implementation and maintenance of systems that support the achievement of strategic and operational objectives of IT Source's client program areas.
• Provide technical guidance to project teams to design, develop, implement, enhance and maintain systems to support the strategic and operational objectives of multiple client program areas.
• Bring a digital mindset to lead and manage requirements for I+IT projects to deliver on various key government priorities, including bringing simpler, better and faster services to Ontario.
• Periodically move onto new project assignments located at different sites throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
How do I qualify?
Business Analysis Knowledge:
• You have knowledge of, and hands on experience with, business analysis techniques and tools, business process modelling and re-engineering, Joint Application Development (JAD) and interviewing, to assess the business requirements of clients, and gather information on programs, services, and business objectives.
• You have the demonstrated ability to evaluate, and advise on, the feasibility of various options, priorities, benefits and approaches, assess impact on service delivery resources, and business and cost savings to provide business analysis leadership to small, medium, and large client I+IT projects.
Communication, Consultation, and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have excellent verbal and written communication, consultation and interpersonal skills to lead and facilitate the consulting and discussion process for projects, prepare business cases, final reports and recommendations, develop quality assurance testing plans, and lead committees and work groups.
• You can demonstrate your experience with relationship-building and negotiation skills to liaise between clients and project teams throughout project development.
• You have prepared, presented, and received consensus on business cases, final reports, and recommendations.
• You have managed changes to requirements with clients/affected groups, ensured compliance, and secured cooperation for a course of action.
• You have hands-on experience leading and facilitating the consulting and discussion process with a variety of stakeholders for projects.
• You have demonstrated flexibility to work within a variety of situations, applying a variety of project methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile, and with various individuals or groups to achieve results, understand and appreciate different and/or opposing perspectives on an issue, and adapt your approach to achieve best outcomes.
Analytical, Problem-Solving, and Evaluation Skills:
• You have shown leadership in business modelling, use case modelling, conceptual and logical data modelling, process and data flow modelling, and use case surveys.
• You have led and performed the business analysis function within all phases of project life cycle, including initial requirements, evaluation of alternative solutions and gap analysis.
• You can show the use of analytical skills to identify/clarify project objectives, staffing, financial, and material resources.
• You have demonstrated your capability to identify risks/issues and recommend options for resolution.
• You can facilitate a cooperative approach to projects deliverables.
Agile Knowledge and Experience:
• You have demonstrated hands-on experience working with agile methodologies as a means to plan for iterative digital product development and user involvement (i.e. oversee, participate in, and manage sprints, sprint planning, stand-ups meetings, retrospectives, and supporting Scrum teams in delivering on simultaneous initiatives).
• You have experience applying agile best practices such as work prioritization, story mapping, user story creation, release planning, retrospectives, and others to ensure successful delivery of key initiatives.
• You demonstrate curiosity and seek to understand how a product technically works.
• You are able to dive into the technical details and to understand and apply technical concepts.
Project Management and IT Knowledge and Skills:
• You have developed business cases and project plans for resources and costing.
• You have demonstrated experience scheduling and monitoring deliverables.
• You can lead the requirements management components of I+IT projects, prioritize issues, and evaluate work quality, processes, progress, and deliverables.
• You have worked through complete life cycles within a variety of methodologies for systems/software development for business applications and systems specifications design; software design, development and integration; database concepts; user interface design principles; change management; quality assurance; risk management; test planning and execution; disaster/recovery planning; and business continuity planning to meet the business requirements and information needs of client ministries.
Salary Range: $1,483.40 - $1,916.28 Per Week
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, September 28, 2021, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 168594 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.