The Enterprise Financial Services and Systems Division, Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, requires a highly skilled and innovative database administrator to provide senior-level technical support for the design, development and operations of current and future IT Cluster database and application systems. You will provide technical leadership in the configuration, customization, implementation, and maintenance of Oracle Hyperion EPM and other application systems.
Who we are:
The Office of the Corporate Chief Information Officer (OCCIO) leads the Information and Information Technology (I+IT) organization of approximately 4,100 staff, which is responsible for all the IT infrastructure, systems and support for the Province. I+IT is a complex organization that balances corporate and ministry business needs. Made up of corporate areas that focus on training, reporting and outreach; infrastructure; service management; cyber security; and architecture and standards, the OCCIO is the owner and overseer of the government's I+IT strategy. I+IT clusters enable technology solutions to support the strategic objectives of currently 24 ministries and deliver a broad scope of products and services in the face of changing and competing priorities, policy changes, and government directives.
Enterprise Financial Systems Branch (EFSB)
The EFSB is the I&IT team responsible for the operation and support of the IFIS Application Suite and related Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems.
EFSB is accountable for the ongoing technical operation of IFIS and its stability, security and reliability. EFSB also leads the development, sustainment and maintenance of the IFIS application and other extensions and modules to enable financial users to conduct financial business transactions and reporting.
About the OPS
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is one of the largest employers in the province, employing more than 60,000 people. Every day, we are modernizing government operations and improving public services. We have a wide range of meaningful and rewarding career opportunities in communities across Ontario. We welcome new ideas and new people, encourage learning and development, and reward achievement. No matter the position, we live the core values of trust, fairness, diversity, excellence, creativity, collaboration, efficiency and responsiveness.
What a career in the OPS can offer you
The OPS is committed to be an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
In addition to flexible work arrangements, a collegial and professional work culture, career growth and development and on-the-job training to help you succeed, we offer a competitive total compensation package.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Support production and development systems to ensure availability, integrity and performance levels
• Support critical business operational requirements for database and application systems, installation, maintenance, optimization, monitoring, troubleshooting and back-up and recovery services
• Provide technical guidance and expert advice to application development teams
• Research, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions
• Perform daily administration functions and change management in support of IT operations
• Provide on-call and after-hours support services, including weekends and holidays, to resolve system-related problems, as required.
How do I qualify?
Database Administration Knowledge:
• Demonstrated knowledge of database management theories, principles, techniques and practices to design, develop and test systems solutions.
• Extensive hands-on experience in, and expert knowledge of, Oracle RDBMS on Unix.
• Expertise in database creation, upgrade, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
• Hands-on experience supporting OBIEE installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Hands-on experience supporting WebLogic Application Server configuration, monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of Unix (Solaris) and Windows Server OS, using Unix and Windows utilities and commands to troubleshoot issues; perform installation, maintenance and monitoring of Oracle products.
• Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting RAC, ASM, Data Guard, OEM.
• Knowledge of Oracle OAM/OUD implementation and SSO integration of OBIEE and Hyperion.
• Experience and knowledge of IT Service Management best practices (Change, Configuration, Problem and Incident Management).
Communication, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• Oral and written communication skills to prepare business cases, conduct feasibility studies, and prepare and present findings and recommendations to senior management.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to provide technical solutions for business requirements; diagnose Oracle performance problems; provide technical solutions to infrastructure-related issues.
Application Development Knowledge:
• Knowledge of the theory and principles of business design, systems analysis, design and development, acceptance and performance testing and related methods, including the application development lifecycle using the appropriate methodology.
• Knowledge of data and information architecture.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy (https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy) and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint (https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint) pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code (http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code). Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $1,687.30 - $2,107.87 Per Week
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Employees who do not provide proof of full vaccination will be deemed 'not vaccinated' under the Directive and will be required to attend a vaccine education program and undergo regular rapid antigen testing. Employees who are not vaccinated under the policy with a valid medical exemption will not be required to attend a vaccine education program but must undergo regular rapid antigen testing.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, January 26, 2022, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 174054 in the job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.