The salary range for this position is CAD $30.06 - $30.06 / hour
Why Fraser Health?
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2022 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the workforce and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Bring your exemplary administrative experience to a role that supports its team towards service excellence!
We are currently looking to fill an exciting Casual as an Rehabilitation Assistant at various sites.
The ideal candidate displays excellent communication skills, has a thorough and hands-on approach to deliver high quality and precise work, and carries a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality. A focused approach is needed to complete routine day-to-day tasks and handle changing calendars, priorities, and timelines as you support the Director.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Under the direction of a Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist, the Rehabilitation Assistant implements rehabilitative treatment plans and programs and assists the therapist in monitoring and evaluating patient progression.
- Carries out designated components of a rehabilitative treatment plan/program, such as activities of daily living, mobility, and strengthening and balancing exercises.
- Observes and reports cognitive and functional changes in patient ability or behaviour that may warrant a progression or regression of the treatment; progresses treatment plan within the parameters established by the therapist; documents for the health record according to established procedures.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team and in consultation with the therapist, provides input into the planning, implementation, modification, and evaluation of the rehabilitative treatment plan/program.
- Performs various tests as assigned such as Berg Balance, Timed Up and Go (TUG), and six-minute walk test. Records and reports relevant data for interpretation by the therapist.
- Prepares and applies therapeutic treatment modalities as assigned such as transcutaneous electrical stimulation (TENS), neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES), hot packs, ice, and wax treatments.
- Provides functional skills training to patients and families in activities of daily living, mobility and communication; demonstrates the use of assistive devices. Assists with power and manual wheelchair mobility training.
- Assists in the fabrication and modifications of splints, seating and exercise devices, mobility and assistive devices. Sets up and adapts equipment such as changing wheelchair backs and adjusting wheelchair height.
- Maintains therapy equipment and supplies by methods such as cleaning equipment and maintaining inventories; provides input regarding purchase of new equipment and supplies, general maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Completion of a Rehabilitation Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.