Job number: R-1005093
Location: Regina, SK
Closing date: June 2nd 2023
Language(s) required: English
Worker Type: permanent, full time
Experience in cyber defence rewarded
Join our team of experienced cyber security professionals responsible for the security tools, technologies and processes that underpin our security posture.
You’ll help shape the vision for the Cyber Security program, apply global threat intelligence to security controls, monitor and respond to security incidents, and participate in proactive activities such as threat hunting, penetration testing and red teaming. You’re familiar with related frameworks and practices including NIST CSF, CIS or ISO 27k, SIEM, incident response, cloud security governance, and vulnerability and incident management.
Using your strong interpersonal and communication skills, you’ll collaborate with colleagues to recommend and implement security improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Assess threats and vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate counter-measures
- Report events that occur and anticipate events that may occur through research from a variety of sources
- Identify, collect and seize evidence
- Gather relevant digital media and logs associated with cyber intrusion
- Create forensically sound duplicates of evidence, ensuring original evidence is not modified
- Recover potentially relevant information from forensic images and volatile data
What we’re looking for:
- Innovative problem-solver and critical thinker with a detailed eye
- Broad IT knowledge including networks, firewalls
- Strong communicator who can coach and mentor team members in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to draw insight and pick up on intangibles within complex information
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering and at least six years of cyber security experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)