Arobas personnel is looking for a SQL Developer for a permanent position in Montreal Downtown
Our client is a global organization dedicated to putting information at the service of medicine.
Their primary purpose is to help clients increase the effectiveness of activities pertaining to scientific communication, medical education, and product/service marketing.
What’s your day to day looks like?
• Automate manual reporting tasks using data warehouse tables by creating stored procedures to deploy reports on MS SQL Server.
• Ensure the delivery of pre-scheduled Business Unit data analysis and its ongoing development.
• Ensure the delivery of client data analyses and program data, according to predetermined schedule and client specifications.
• Lead the development and implementation of new analytic methodologies, and solutions, focusing on report automation.
• Proactively identify opportunities to apply business intelligence to improve business performance.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve underlying data structures.
• Effectively communicate results and recommendations to senior management.
• Create stored procedures to produce reporting metrics from data warehouse tables.
• Assist in maintaining the data warehouse environment.
• Supporting Project Manager and Program Coordinators with creating queries to help them pull ad-hoc data requests.
What we’re looking for?
• Advanced knowledge of SQL specifically MS-SQL Server, MySQL, and Amazon Redshift.
• Advanced knowledge of creating SQL Stored Procedures.
• Analytical/logical mindset.
• Solid team player – able to work efficiently with multiple groups within the team.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel – able to synthesize and analyze large data sets to yield actionable findings (e.g. Lookup formulae, pivot tables, and Macro creation).
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree
• 3-4 years minimum in a SQL development role
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Data warehouse/modeling experience
• Experience with SSRS and SSIS is an asset
• Experience with web development(PHP for example) is an asset