dormakaba: ranked in the top 100 global tech leaders by Thomson Reuters!
The dormakaba Group is one of the top three companies in the global market for access and security solutions. The company is a single source provider of products, solutions and services related to doors and secure access to buildings and rooms. No matter where you are, if you need reliable and innovative access and security solutions, we will provide you high quality service – in hotels, shops, sports facilities, airports, hospitals, at home or in the office. Around the globe.
With over 16,000 employees worldwide (over 500 in Montreal), dormakaba is present in over 130 countries and has more than 150 years of experience. The dormakaba Group is headquartered in Rümlang, Switzerland, and generates annual revenues of over 3 billion dollars CAD.
dormakaba offers you a career not a job. Join us now and make a real difference in creating the next generation of products and services. Visit our website www.dormakaba.com
The Product Owner will use the agile practice to assure proper backlog priorities to match up with end customer needs and market requests for our exciting new cloud-based digital products. These products include an exciting mix of connected smart devices, cloud, and mobile offerings. The backlog shall be made visible to internal stakeholders and the PO will assure proper planning, specification and quality of user stories. The PO will also leverage SAFe processes to raise and manage dependencies for work done in other agile teams across the global dormakaba family.
Role and responsibilities
• Plan, specify and prioritize user stories for our cloud-based digital products
• Create prototypes and demos to gather early feedback from product management, partners and customers
• Validate newest developer achievements directly on the cloud platform. Coordinate with software test department to assure quality
• Bring innovative ideas to improve customer experience on the product
• Team up with developers, testers and product managers
• Update Confluence/JIRA documentation on (new) user stories
• Constant communication with Product Managers and Business Owners on product roadmaps and progress of work
• Plan and participate in SAFe program increment planning sessions and other ceremonies.
What you need
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
• 3 years of experience in similar role, ideally as a Product Owner or Developer Lead
• Knowledge of Agile process and principles
• SAFe framework knowledge a plus
• Concrete experience in some of the following fields: agile, cloud development, IoT devices, firmware development, data analytics, mobile technologies, user experience design
• Curious and passionate about technologies
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in both languages: English and French, both oral and written.
• A fast-growing international company
• A stimulating, fast and friendly work environment
• An opportunity to highly contribute to the success of the company
• Competitive global compensation
• A 12-minute walk from Du College metro station.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
dormakaba is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Please note that the sole purpose of the use of the masculine is to simplify the text.