Arobas Personnel is looking for a junior/intermediate embedded software developer for a full-time position at on of its clients in Montreal.
Your work will span:
(i) porting and optimizing existing code to embedded platforms,
(ii) software designing and developing current and future product lines, and
(iii) supporting the backend API and SDKs of the current product line.
● Port existing code base to specific embedded platforms;
● Optimize code;
● Design of brand new applications;
● Update SDK and API interfaces to support multiple internal and external clients;
● Ability to understand and produce UML diagrams;
● Maintenance of existing code base;
● Support team members.
Academic and Experience:
● 3+ years in application software environments;
● Experience in code optimization;
● Experience with embedded platforms;
● Experience with mass-market products is an asset.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Strong skills in C++ 11;
● Strong object-oriented design skills and Design Patterns proficiency;
● Strong skills in porting code on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Android);
● Strong skills in algorithmic and low-level optimization;
● Strong skills in architecture-dependent code optimization (Intel, ARM);
● Knowledge in cross-platform libraries such as Qt, OpenCV, OpenGL is a plus;
● Knowledge in Python and other scripting language is a plus;
● Ability to learn and comprehend complex systems and innovative technology;
● Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills;
● Strong attention to detail;
● Able to think beyond requirements with a mind-set towards delivering quality product;
● Flexibility and comfort working in a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company environment with a technical focus.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Proactive self-starter capable of working independently and responsibly with sensitivity to confidential information.
Values and Attitude:
● Value team spirit;
● Action and results oriented;
● Demonstrates autonomy and adaptability to meet his/her commitments.
● Fluent in either English or French;
● Valid work permit required;
● Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.