Connect it Networks brings people and opportunities together. Driven by a desire to increase employee productivity and technological efficiency, we are making business communications more accessible than ever.
Knowledge, experience, and quality are at the forefront of everything we do. With these guiding principles and a strong focus on personalized client support, we have become one of the most respected Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) providers in the industry.
For over 20 years, Connect it Networks has been developing on-premises communications services to meet the demands of our clients' most challenging requirements. These fully-customized solutions – unified communications and collaboration, VoIP, fiber optic connectivity, business Wi-Fi, networking and structured cabling – have a proven record and are trusted by businesses throughout Canada.
Reporting to the Technology Director, the Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible for the infrastructure supporting Connect it Networks services and all technology related projects. He/She will design, implement, coordinate and document all technical activities related to the infrastructure and will collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure deployment, implementations and support are aligned with service-level agreements.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with Datacenter environment, Linux system administration as well as configuring and supporting networking equipment, such as routers, switches and firewall. He/She must also be comfortable with Linux containers and web-based application server environments. The ability to install and operationalize LAMP stack applications is critical and a certain degree of proficiency with the Unix Shell and SSH is a must. This position involves delivering live video streaming to android mobile clients, interaction with customers to assist with network troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed. The candidate will also be responsible to produce and update detailed network documentation and diagrams.
• Day to day administration of the broadcast equipment and Linux environment;
• Act as 2nd level support and escalation point for IPTV related incident and problems;
• Assist the support team in root cause analysis and troubleshooting issues related to IPTV infrastructure, to accurately isolate the cause and provide working solutions;
• Manage on-going vendor related technical escalations through to completion;
• Define and optimize an integrated monitoring structure aimed to detect potential issues related to the IPTV systems;
• Maintain and develop technical skills/certifications as required to support new and existing technologies and customers offerings;
• Share knowledge of regular fault solutions within the support team to reduce rework in solving the same problem;
• Document technical solutions into standardized templates and in the internal Knowledge Base system;
• In collaboration with the key stakeholders, define project timelines and activity list based on the customer requirements, solution evaluation and technical analysis;
• Providing technical coaching & mentoring other colleagues.
• Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, customers, site personnel and outside vendors in a timely fashion;
• Provisioning and maintenance of CPE equipment;
• Perform physical and logical analysis of client networks and its applications;
• Support and diagnosis of technical issues involving Firewalls, VPNs and Routing;
• Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, design engineering and problem resolution of Datacenter equipment's (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) and services (MPLS, MPLS over Broadband, DIA, spanning tree, Layer 2/3 switches, VoIP, etc.) in a complex, challenging operational environment;
• Coordinate and implement network changes as necessary;
• Compile statistics and reports as necessary on network performance and utilization;
• Maintain network devices including physical swapping of devices, cards and cables.
Other related activites
• Evaluate and influence selection of vendors & products, facilitate proof of concept analysis;
• Mentor and share knowledge and best practices with the team;
• Escalation Pager duty (after office hours);
• Flexibility to work a schedule that will meet the demand of our customers as required;
• Document problems and report to management, engineers and/or peers;
• Evaluate emerging technologies and business potential or impact (including prototyping).
• Post-secondary education with a relevant degree or certificate program
• 5+ years' experience working in a high-volume environment, with responsibility of network equipment, operating system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Juniper Networks JUNOS platform experience is required;
• ISP and/or 24x7 operations experience;
• Knowledge of network troubleshooting and network management tools;
• Hands-on knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF and RIP and Layer 2 protocols such as PPP and STP;
• Technical degree, Cisco CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP; Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, and/or other networking certifications is an asset;
• Experience working with IPTV and VoIP solutions, preferably in a Service Provider environment;
• Knowledge in designing, implementing, optimizing and troubleshooting IPTV and Networking solutions;
• Knowledge of general IPTV technologies and products, including: decoders, streamers, transcoders, recorders, storage, VoD servers, CAS/IP-Scrambler, STB, IPTV monitoring and management solutions is an asset;
• In depth understanding of network access technologies including: WIFI access, Switched Ethernet and potentially ISP network equipment including DSLAMs;
• Linux System Administration: Operating and maintaining a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) Stack. The position is in a system administration context, not a development context;
• General Video Operations: IPTV experience specifically: HLS/DASH distribution;
• Ability to Install and configure Apache and VMWare ESXi, configure 1 VM for each: Database, web server;
• Practical hands-on networking and systems administration experience, including experience configuring access routers and switches;
• Intermediate Technical knowledge in Telecommunication Networks: MPLS, switching, routing, OSI Model, WIFI, VoIP, firewalls and IDP.
• Must have excellent French & English oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines;
• Strong customer-facing and relationship-building skills;
• Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently;
• Methodological skills, strong problem-solving abilities and use simplicity in complex projects.
• Proactive attitude and ability to innovate and think out of the box
• Ability to develop automation using scripting languages;
• Interest in continuous self-learning and development (new tools, technologies, methodologies) is a must
• Self-motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results;
Connect it Networks is committed to employment equity. Only those candidates who have been retained will be contacted for an interview.