Are you an experienced IT professional with hands-on experience with architecture design and software programming, development and implementation? If so, then consider this opportunity with the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO).
What can I expect to do in this role?
• determine current and anticipated client user I&IT needs and ensure business areas are properly supported
• manage the planning, acquisition and implementation of technology solutions for corporate and client-specific business applications
• plan, coordinate, and manage multiple, concurrent projects
• gather client requirements, evaluate solutions, and design technical architecture for in-house developed and acquired solutions
• write code and perform technical testing for in-house solutions
• create technical specifications for acquired solutions, perform gap analysis, ensure integration of systems, and monitor work of external service providers
How do I qualify?
Software development knowledge and skills:
• You have experience with the design of software architecture and other relevant IT architecture.
• You have experience with current programming languages and with secure software development and tools.
• You have experience with data modelling and database management.
• You have knowledge of agile development methods and tools, and of automated code builds, testing and deployment.
Project management skills:
• You know IT project management principles and procedures, including budgeting and financial administration in order to lead projects of varying size and impact.
• You have a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
Consulting and communication skills:
• You have consulting and advisory skills to support, guide and persuade clients and management.
• You can build effective working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and suppliers.
• You can present complex/technical information, explanations, options and recommendations to a variety of audiences.
Salary Range: $69,496 - $102,408 per year
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 106346, by Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.