Do you have exceptional skills to participate in information architecture activities? Then consider this exciting opportunity with the Treasury Board Secretariat, Communications Branch, where you will provide strategic leadership and expertise in the design, delivery, evaluation and maintenance of leading-edge user experience for the Ontario Public Service (OPS) enterprise intranet.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- lead user experience design across the organization, including the development of standards and practices
- lead content and feature development for the enterprise intranet through assessment of clients' needs and goals
- determine optimal organization of sites and identify opportunities for new functionality and design
- ensure that specifications follow standards and best practices
- assess and prioritize feature requests from a variety of clients
- identify emerging trends and lead prototyping activities
How do I qualify?
- you have advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite line of products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Dreamweaver)
- you have knowledge of current internet, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) international standards, web accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 A + AA), and implementation and testing tools and methods (e.g. JAWS, browser extensions, A/B testing, usability testing, heatmaps)
- you have expert knowledge of agile project management and user-centred service design
- you have knowledge of usability and user-experience principles, methodologies, techniques, including navigation design, accessibility, information architecture, web analytics and user testing
Relationship Management, Consultation and Communication Skills
- you have excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills to develop and maintain effective partnerships and obtain endorsement of digital strategies
- you have negotiation and conflict management skills to seek common ground between parties
- you demonstrate superior communication, interpersonal, consultation, collaboration and presentation skills
- you have strong writing and editing skills to develop materials and provide critical assessment of own work
- you have demonstrated advisory skills and diplomacy to provide strategic digital communications advice to executives
Project Management and Team Leadership Skills
- you have effective project management, team leadership, client service delivery, motivational and coordination skills
- you have experience in communications planning in a large organization
- you can interpret and apply policies, standards and legislation
- you can produce top-quality work in collaboration with a team in a high-pressure environment with tight timelines
Analytical, Research and Problem-Solving Skills
- you have knowledge of scientific and social science theories and research pertaining to user experience and design of interfaces
- you have strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills to support and prioritize changes, conduct evaluations and lead quality assurance audits
- you demonstrate sound judgment and discretion to develop and recommend digital standards and guidelines, resolve complex/contentious issues and work with sensitive information
- you have excellent organizational skills to deal with unexpected and conflicting work demands, tight deadlines and priority projects
Salary Range: $63,544 - $91,564 per year
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 105700, by Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.