The Treasury Board Secretariat, Management, Voice Services, is seeking a Senior Telecommunications Service Coordinator to provide day-to-day support and coordinate the planning, design, development, implementation and administration of telecommunications services and solutions for Government locations across the Province to ensure service on a 24 hour, 7-days-a-week basis.
Willing to discuss other work locations within the Province.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide day-to-day operational support for Infrastructure Technology Services (ITS) services, solutions and infrastructure (e.g. Centrex, Private Branch Exchange (PBX), Key system, Internet Protocol Telephony (IP telephony), Unified Communications and Collaboration, video-conferencing, webcasting, network facilities and services) delivered to Government locations across the Province.
• Provide technical expertise in the design of telecommunication services and solutions to meet ministry program/service delivery, including performing analysis of telecommunication service and solution needs, researching options, preparing business cases and study data and participating in the tendering process for the acquisition of solutions and services.
• Coordinate and conduct telecommunication service and solution implementations for relocations/expansions in accordance with ITS policies and practices.
• Conduct performance measurement to monitor service levels, collecting and evaluating data to report to management and clients (e.g. standard reports, ad hoc reports, security reports, system usage reports) and to oversee vendors' execution against the contractual agreements.
• Participate in, or lead, local, regional and province wide projects for the development of cost effective solutions to achieve optimum telecommunication services efficiencies.
• Represent unit at meetings, committees, forums, architectural and standards boards and other work groups.
Location: Hamilton, Kingston, North Bay, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Sault Ste Marie, St Catharines, Thunder Bay, Toronto
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of Telecommunications services, solutions and technologies, such as IP and traditional voice switching systems (e.g. Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), managed IP telephony, unified communications, Centrex, PBX, key systems), voice processing systems, call accounting systems, videoconferencing systems and related voice and data network services and infrastructure.
• You have knowledge of current telecommunication services, solutions and infrastructure, analysis tools and techniques.
• You have knowledge of ITS service management and vendor management tools, processes and procedures.
• You have knowledge of ITS security techniques and requirements for telecommunications to protect the integrity of the telecommunications environment and availability of services to users by monitoring activity and maintaining recovery plans.
Project Management Skills:
• You have knowledge of project management methodology, analytical tools and processes, tendering process and contract administration to ensure that projects deliver against commitments and acquisition are appropriate to ITS and user needs.
• You have knowledge of Ontario Public Service (OPS) procurement and financial processes to maintain fairness of process and achieve best value and longevity of solutions by rigorous evaluations, testing of solutions and negotiating enforceable terms and conditions.
Research and Analytical Skills:
• You possess analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills to assess clients' telecommunications system and service needs and initiate development of cost effective solutions that improve client service delivery programs.
• You have research and analytical skills to review and assess changing client system requirements; investigate and develop, recommend and coordinate plans and projects for the acquisition of systems and services to address new service demands or system performance requirements in response to changing business objectives.
• You have evaluative and analytical skills to coordinate the identification and resolution of system malfunctions; assess the impact of proposed changes on system and network performance.
• You have the flexibility to address frequently changing priorities in a 24/7 operational environment where there is potential for problems and malfunctions ranging from irritants to catastrophic events occurring at any time in order to maintain services and improve customer satisfaction.
• You have planning and organizing skills to develop project plans and co-ordinate implementation/installation projects, scheduling activities with technical teams and clients when installing hardware, software and network upgrades.
• You have demonstrated presentation skills to explain the application of software, systems and equipment to non-technical clients; direct the implementation of new or modified systems and services.
• You have oral and written communication skills to prepare and present business cases for the acquisition of hardware and software systems.
• You have interpersonal skills to represent client perspective on ministry committees and projects; discuss and encourage the support of clients for ministry information technology standards and strategies when making decisions on the purchase of systems and services for local and regional application.
• You have written communication skills to prepare system procedures and documentation including vendor maintenance procedures, systems installation and operating practices.
Salary Range: $1,278.66 - $1,634.22 per week
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 106336, by Wednesday, May 3, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.