Children, Youth & Social Services Information & Information Technology Cluster Are you looking to use your skills where it can make a difference to children and youth in need in Ontario? Do you want a role that matters and taps into your experience
Job Posting About the CFPC Representing more than 40,000 members across the country, the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is the professional organization responsible for establishing standards for the training, certification and
About Us The Land and Resources I&IT Cluster (LRC) is one of eight clusters in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) formed to provide groups of ministry partners with all their information technology needs. LRC partners with the Ministries of: Indigenous
Department: Strategic Transformation Group Division: Digital Business Solutions and Process Transformation Position: Director, Digital Business Solutions and Process Transformation Note: At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with
A career opportunity with College-wide impact for a strategically minded and tactically skilled executive who is prepared to drive practical, innovative solutions to complex situations and make evidence-based decisions aligned to Centennial's
Roadpost is seeking an experienced Website / Ecommerce Manager to join our marketing team! This is an exciting opportunity to truly own the performance of the Roadpost and ZOLEO websites, apply your Magento 2.X and BigCommerce knowledge, and
Ontario is looking for dynamic, highly motivated Senior Product Managers with experience in digital product delivery to join our team to deliver and chart the future of government digital services.
We are looking for individuals with a background in developing digital products. We seek energetic self-starters, with strong leadership capabilities. The ideal candidates should have demonstrated experience delivering digital products either in the traditional online; government; new digital offering or related technologies. Your responsibilities include working closely with internal and external program and engineering team members. You will interact with many other groups to define and deliver world-class products in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The selected candidates will challenge assumptions and design products first and foremost with Ontarians in mind despite the complexity that is often behind the scenes. You must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Why Join the Team
Join us and help make government work better for people by delivering simpler, faster, and better digital services and products. We provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth, and opportunities to collaborate with talented people.
• work that makes an impact
• learning and development opportunities
• open and inclusive work environment
• flexible work arrangements
• health and dental benefits
• pension plan
• generous vacation
We will help you achieve your goals through continuous learning, professional development and support.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role of Senior Product Manager, you will:
• Collaborate with development and user experience teams to deliver impactful products on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high-quality products.
• Dive deep to understand the people of Ontario and their problems, and champion those problems with your product team to craft and share a vision for how we can best solve these problems.
• Be strategic and tactical - you'll help define the product strategy, but also roll up your sleeves and get it shipped.
• Lead products from concept to release, while ensuring smooth operations and continuous product improvement.
• Demonstrate passion about the user, putting users at the centre of all you do.
• Work out loud and encourage your team to communicate process to co-workers and to partners throughout their work.
• Based on expert advice, research, and data analysis, you will develop a product roadmap to deliver on proof of concepts (minimal viable products) as well as coordinate resources to deliver according to business and stakeholder expectations.
• Manage project risks (team, tech, business) to continually de-risk, setting the direction of the team forward with confidence.
• Build solid relationships with partners to understand users' needs, program goals, and the program's policies and operational constraints so that you can develop products that are valuable, usable and feasible.
• Working with a high-impact team, you will be constantly learning new technologies and techniques through research, experimentation and from your exceptional colleagues.
• Motivate your team and everyone around you through great storytelling and communication.
What you bring to the team:
• You believe diversity and inclusion helps create the best conditions for people to achieve the best results, knowing the best ideas come from everywhere and everyone.
• You think digital by default and embrace new ideas that put users first to find the best solutions.
• A resourceful attitude and positive negotiation skills — you'll be working with a lot of different teams across the Ontario Public Service (OPS) as well as with external partners.
• You are solution focused and know how to get the job done.
• You are passionate about users and technology.
• You have a proven ability to design new and innovative solutions.
• You are able to work independently, anticipating and resolving problems.
How do I qualify?
• You have experience developing a product vision and strategy, and have led multi-disciplinary teams to achieve that vision from concept to launch using such methods as agile.
• You have strong decision-making and prioritization skills.
• You have experience collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to translate the product vision into a backlog and lead the team through smooth and continuous delivery.
• You have experience working on a mature product, balancing the need to address technical debt with new product enhancements through continuous iterations.
• You have knowledge of, and experience with, project management methodologies, principles and processes.
• You have experience with, and an understanding of, product objectives, goals, and metrics in order to oversee the development and implementation of large-scale projects.
• You are experienced in change management and risk management principles and processes to provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and change management initiatives and their roll-out.
Project and Digital Expertise
• You have an understanding of the digital marketplace, digital platforms, technology and market trends to identify product opportunities.
• You have experience in undertaking and leading parts of complex projects of different sizes, ensuring alignment to project plans and best practices, and incorporating user-centred design processes and methodologies.
• You prioritize generative user research and promote continuous user validation as early and as frequently as possible.
• You can work with management or colleagues to anticipate and resolve project issues.
• You have experience in researching industry best practices to support the development of strategy and standards, and apply them to your work (e.g. security and accessibility by design).
• You thrive on feedback and are comfortable transforming ideas generated through user research and analysis to create a better user experience.
• You have knowledge of, and experience with, current web trends, and standards like the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and WCAG 2.0 AA, and FIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act).
• You can provide leadership in researching best practices to establish and maintain high standards for products.
• You have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams (user experience designers, developers and quality assurance experts) to deliver a range of complex digital solutions.
• You have experience leading large-scale, complex projects and initiatives with high levels of autonomy.
• You have experience providing leadership, and guiding the work of team members/colleagues, for example, training, mentoring and supporting the development of others.
Analyzing / Problem-Solving Skills:
• You have prepared program evaluation frameworks, conducted qualitative, quantitative, financial and statistical analyses to ascertain relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, affordability and sustainability of initiatives/programs, identified impacts and implications, and developed recommendations.
• You have assessed changes in corporate policies, technological innovations and service initiatives to identify business process requirements, issues, gaps, opportunities, risks and solutions.
• You have researched, investigated and assessed relevance of information, identified and evaluated key issues or risks, provided options analysis, and recommended action plans to mitigate risk and manage issues.
• You have identified sources, and analyzed and synthesized critical information, data and pertinent indicators to assist senior management with product and service planning.
• You have strong communications skills to participate in team discussions, make recommendations and document/explain work.
• You have demonstrated experience developing and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and can effectively promote collaboration among differing viewpoints.
• You have facilitation skills to conduct interviews with stakeholders to gather information on their business needs, and participate in committees on project initiatives.
• You have persuasion skills to negotiate with clients to enlist cooperation who may have differing viewpoints, and promote quality and consistency in program evaluations across the ministry.
• You have influencing skills to persuade stakeholders to adopt changes to business processes, and provide alternative business processes and practices for their consideration.
• You have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, to sell your ideas to colleagues, both technical and non-technical.
• You have experience working with multiple stakeholders and clients to understand and support their users' needs.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $74,136 - $109,246 Per Year
Please apply online, only, by Monday, September 27, 2021, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 167998 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.