Do you have the desire to lead challenging and complex digital and agile projects that make an impact on the everyday lives of the people in Ontario? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with the Ontario Public Service. As a Senior Project
Are you a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for emerging technologies? The Ministry of Government and Consumer Services is looking for a team player with a desire to innovate, learn and share, and the agility to adapt to new challenges.
Define, build and implement enhancements to our clients' HR processes and structures that will improve performance and security. Identify HR function alignment to business objectives to help drive business results. Analyze data flowing through
Contract position, to August 31, 2022 As a large, complex organization with multiple school locations and 155,000+ students, the Peel District School Board (PDSB) relies on reliable, secure Student Information System (SIS) software to make sound
Join the Office of the Chief Information Officer team, where we lead our digital transformation in improving data quality and integrity to accelerate housing affordability. In this role, you will support the design, development, implementation, and
***Description in French only*** Durée du contrat : Plein temps, Permanent Lieu de travail : 9, rue Lower Jarvis, Toronto Groupe salarial : 83 700$ à 94 000$ (selon l'expérience) Numéro de l'affichage : 06- TI-21 Autre condition importante:
Are you looking for a great opportunity to showcase your data science expertise and statistical/analytical knowledge and skills? The Ministry of Government and Consumer Services is looking for a motivated professional to join our team, to provide leadership and expertise in the field of Data Science in order to improve productivity at the system level in accordance with Ontario Public Service (OPS) principles and objectives.
If this sounds like the position for you, read on!
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
• act as the leading technical expert in the field of data mining, statistical and simulation modelling, design, development and enhancement as it applies to complex systems, finances and datasets;
• participate as the data and analytics expert on best practice committees, councils and boards, including governance activities, coordinating certain aspects of these governance bodies and convening process-specific sessions with stakeholders;
• provide direction to project management teams, establishing process standards, and providing training;
• lead large, complex projects and activities;
• lead continuing improvement in analytic and modelling capacities for management and planning;
• provide advice and expertise to external vendors and senior management, to contribute to IT strategies and projects;
• provide interpretation, advice, and expertise to client groups and other stakeholders;
• assist with the development of specifications on the tendering process, and participate in the selection of vendors.
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• You have knowledge of theories, concepts, methods and measures of performance indicators to advise clients, analyze data, and produce information products;
• You have a broad understanding of data management, business analysis, database architecture, and information visualization;
• You can identify technical and human change management needs, and plan, manage and evaluate technical change management needs;
• You have knowledge of related data privacy standards and legislation, such as Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPPA), to access and release government information and data.
Leadership and Project Management Skills:
• You can provide project planning and leadership on concurrent projects, work collaboratively with team members, and manage deadlines and competing priorities;
• You demonstrate strong team-building and leadership skills to provide technical direction to, lead and guide staff members;
• You have planning, prioritizing and coordination skills to plan and direct activities;
• You have knowledge of outsourcing and contract management to assist in the development of specifications for the tendering process, and with the selection of vendors.
Research and Analytical Skills:
• You demonstrate knowledge of analytical methods, techniques, and tools;
• You have research and analytical skills to lead program reviews and developments;
• You can anticipate, identify, and deal effectively with emerging relevant issues;
• You can analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools;
• You can assess both qualitative and quantitative information to evaluate the implications and impact of proposed changes.
Communication, Consultative and Relationship Management Skills:
• You can provide technical expertise and advice management on project planning, management and reporting;
• You can manage stakeholder relations, and provide instructions and advice to clients on options, solutions and courses of action;
• You can achieve consensus on issues and influence discussions with stakeholders;
• You have effective written and oral communication techniques to prepare and present reports, and provide explanations on data issues and complex data analyses;
• You have interpersonal and presentation skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, stakeholders and colleagues, and participate in an advisory capacity on committees or working groups;
• You can negotiate contracts with vendors, and manage arrangements with clients and external service suppliers;
• You can prepare reports, make presentations and provide recommendations to senior management and clients.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals who are eligible for Targeted Direct Assignments (TDA) to apply and encourage TDA-eligible applications from Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, people with disabilities, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy (https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy) and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint (https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint) pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code (http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code). Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $74,877 - $110,338 Per Year
Employees who do not provide proof of full vaccination will be deemed 'not vaccinated' under the Directive and will be required to attend a vaccine education program and undergo regular rapid antigen testing. Employees who are not vaccinated under the policy with a valid medical exemption will not be required to attend a vaccine education program but must undergo regular rapid antigen testing.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, December 14, 2021, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 169159 in the job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.