Senior Application Developer
Do you have technical expertise developing complex solutions for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (i.e. Oracle E-Business 11i/R12)? This role with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services may be the opportunity you are looking for.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• deliver and/or lead the development, implementation and maintenance of cost-effective information technology solution services
• provide systems development programming and consulting expertise to clients related to the use of ERP information technology in order to meet business and program goals and objectives
• provide subject matter expertise and deliver technical design, development and implementation of complex technical solutions and applications
• provide technical systems development expertise to meet clients' IT requirements
• facilitate clients' review of IT needs and determine IT priorities
• provide leadership in completing research activities to establish technology direction, strategy, standards and best practices
How do I qualify?
• You have demonstrated knowledge of and experience working in ERP financial systems (e.g. Oracle E-Business Suite) and understand key financial modules like Receivables, iExpenses, Payables, Payments, iProcurement, Purchasing, Contracts, Assets, Projects, General Ledger, Subledger Accounting, E-Business Tax, Cash Management, etc.
• You have deep knowledge about Oracle E-Business Suite Technology like Oracle Application Object Library, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Alert, Oracle Application Framework and Oracle XML Publisher
• You have strong technical skills and demonstrated experience on customization of Oracle E-Business Suite using development tools like Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, Oracle JDeveloper, XML, XSL, BPEL, SQL Loader and shell scripts, etc.
• You have strong knowledge about software development life cycle and demonstrated system development expertise conducting feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses on complex business and system initiatives, providing recommendations and managing the delivery of solutions following standard development methodologies
Analytical, Evaluation and Problem Solving Skills
• You have analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills, including the ability to assess client business needs, and understand the capabilities and limitations of ERP (e.g. Oracle e-Business 11i/R12) systems applications
• You have experience leading and developing solutions using ERP technology to provide processes to address business requirements
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You have oral and written communication and interpersonal skills needed to discuss client requirements, lead discussion of systems development options and technical processes, and prepare technical documents using standard methodology (e.g. AIM)
Salary Range: $1,376.78 - $1,778.54 per week
Please apply online, only, by Friday, April 28, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106452 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.