Senior Project Manager Temporary, full-time position If you're a proven leader with a track record of success in managing complex projects with multiple and varied stakeholders, adept at implementing enterprise technology projects, this is a great
Senior Project Manager Permanent, full-time position If you're a proven leader with a track record of success in managing complex projects with multiple and varied stakeholders, adept at implementing enterprise technology projects, this is a great
Department: Strategic Transformation Group Division: Information Technology Position:Supervisor, Voice & Data Networks Note: At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer,
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and
Are you a natural leader looking for a new career in Canada's largest and fastest growing industries? Are you a high-achiever who goes the extra mile to ensure your team is successful and customers' expectations are not only met, but also
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Developer. Our tech company is well-recognized and a leader in the transportation industry for creating millions of connections on its network. This enables domestic goods to move through retail and
Come showcase your leadership and specialized I&IT expertise with the Ministry of the Solicitor General where you will provide senior-level planning and management in the implementation of technical solutions and related activities of large and complex corporate systems across the province.
About Justice Technology Services
Justice Technology Services (JTS) provides critical support to the justice sector—the largest sector within the OPS—supporting partners from the judiciary, municipal courts and private bar, regional and municipal government, corrections and emergency, and policing and fire services.
We provide I+IT services in partnership with the Ministry of the Solicitor General and the Ministry of the Attorney General including their respective Agencies, Boards and Commissions.
We also support the Youth Justice Services Division of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, and are one of eight I+IT clusters of the OPS.
The Ministry of the Attorney General (MAG) Solutions Branch supports the Ministry's Court Services Division, Legal Services Division, Criminal Law Division, Victims and Vulnerable Persons Division, and its Agencies, Boards and Commissions.
This branch oversees the implementation and management of technology solutions that support MAG's strategic objectives. MAG Solutions Branch is also responsible for Justice Cluster's Architecture strategy, serving as its architecture design authority, and leading the development of a cluster architecture strategy and technology road-map.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service?
We are re-thinking how we deliver services through various modernization initiatives and how we access and deliver critical services remotely. We are striving to enable a future-ready OPS workforce through technology-focused enterprise-wide strategies.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, recognize team and individual achievements, and support flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit the OPSEU Union Website for a copy of the current collective agreements.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Product Engineer, you will:
• Lead and manage the deployment, automation, maintenance and management of custom-built and acquired Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions.
• Oversee technical project plans, lead teams, budgets, schedules and activities.
• Perform complete analysis, design, modification of operational procedures and system processes to improve the efficiencies, security and quality of service.
• Provide leadership and technical expertise to the development and building of custom DevOps solutions and solutions to support end users, project teams, and technical staff.
• Develop proposals lead consultations with business areas, provide advice on system options, risk, impact and costs/benefits, and ensure compatibility and integration of systems throughout the ministry.
• Lead and conduct technical research projects on current and emerging technological trends, associated standards, directions, and I&IT administrative policies and procedures.
• Provide technical functional leadership, expertise, mentorship/coaching and direction to less senior team members.
How do I qualify?
• Knowledge of programming techniques including experience working with complex case management solutions (MS Dynamics 365) involving common case management functionalities such as workflow, routing rules, queuing and programming of business logic in procedures and notification modules.
• Knowledge of Microsoft configuration/development tools (PowerApps and Azure).
• Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and .Net-based COTS products and solutions based upon MS Dynamics 365.
• Knowledge of software build cycles, code deployment, software architecture, application programming, database management and system design.
• Knowledge of systems development methodology and information technology systems and environments, application processing systems, and core and hybrid platforms used in agile and DevOps environments.
• Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools and processes, and Continuous Integration (CI) software engineering practices.
• Knowledge of web development and languages with a focus on .NET, and development and maintenance of facing web applications and portals using a variety of web technologies.
• Knowledge of current information technology and information engineering principles, object-oriented computer programming techniques, current application development platforms and advanced design techniques, and client/server application development technology such as web-based.
• Thorough understanding of system architectures including technical, data, application and network architectures, database, spreadsheet, graphics and Internet software.
Negotiation, Interpersonal and Client Relationship Skills
• You can discuss client I&IT program/service delivery needs, requirements, goals, objectives and priorities.
• You can lead and conduct feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis for proposed client I&IT initiatives.
• You have research skills to attend trade shows and review technical manuals to maintain current in the rapidly changing technology environment.
• You can facilitate technical discussions with vendors, customers, and other technical staff.
Reasoning, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can assess and recommend architectural strategies for acquisition, development, integration and implementation of complex technical solutions.
• You can assess technical design problems, and develop computerized solutions to information problems in support of end users.
• You possess advanced problem-solving skills to assess, diagnose and resolve problems impacting the information technology infrastructure and resolve operational problems with software.
Oral and Written Communication Skills
• You possess strong oral communication and listening skills.
• You have demonstrated written communication skills to prepare project reports, design/development documentation, manuals, senior level briefing materials, and cost benefits analyses.
Salary Range: $1,654.05 - $2,066.34 per week
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, November 24, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 156037 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.