Location Comayaguela, Honduras
Start Date Sep - Oct 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 7 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer's Role
As the Knowledge Management Specialist, you will use your technical skills to support the Instituto Nacional de la Mujer (INAM) staff in the area of knowledge and database management to improve how information is saved and retrieved. You will work with INAM staff to develop procedures, guidelines, and tools for compiling, storing, measuring, analyzing, reporting volunteer data. The expectation of this role will be the enhancement of how INAM monitors and evaluates the impact it is making through its activities.
The ideal candidate will also possess an interest in supporting female empowerment through improved gender equality & social inclusion. INAM is an autonomous institution focused on coordinating advocacy work related to female issues and their barriers to economic growth. If you are passionate about women's issues and would like to support INAM's important mandate, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Be part of this initiative by sharing your knowledge management skills, and let's make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review and familiarize yourself with INAM's existing knowledge & database management practices
- Assist INAM in developing systems, procedures, forms for collecting, storing, analyzing, measuring and reporting data
- Train and mentor INAM staff on effective data management
- Create a knowledge and database management manual for INAM staff
- Support in the delivery of workshops, networking events and activities of INAM.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-University and/or College degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration Communications or another related field of study.
Essential Professional Background:
- 2-3 years' professional experience working in database and knowledge management
- Understanding of participatory approaches and training skills
- Experience preparing professional documents and reports
- Experience supporting technical aspects of workshops, meetings, and training sessions