Permanent, full-time position Both technically proficient and deadline-oriented, you welcome this opportunity to use your project management experience to ensure that systems are well maintained and can effectively support stakeholder needs across
Enterprise Data Architect Permanent, full-time position – Guelph, ON Institutional Research & Planning (IRP), in partnership with Computing and Communication Services (CCS), is leading an institution-wide data strategy with a mission to get
One (1) Permanent, Full-Time Position If you're a skilled data analyst with a background in education research and database management and experience in a research environment, the Peel District School Board (PDSB) invites you to explore to this
Permanent, full-time position If you're an IT security best practices champion with a commitment to keeping current on trends in the industry, this is an exciting opportunity to share your expertise and lead by example at Peel Regional Police –
Job description Associate Technical Consultant Location(s) – Ottawa, Canada or Toronto, Canada Please note that due to a security clearance that will be required for this role, we are only able to consider individuals who have resided in Canada
Consider this great opportunity with Infrastructure Technology Services, Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. We are looking for three experienced professionals to join our Enterprise Incident Management Process and Operations team, to lead
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada's premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It's insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.munichre.com/hsbcanada
The IT Manager at HSB Canada provides day to day leadership and provides a strategic interface between HSB Canada internal business stakeholders and the Global / HSB Group IT Shared Services. The IT Manager has local accountability for the maintenance of all outsourced IT functions, as well as direct leadership responsibility of the IT employee team at HSB Canada while supporting the coordination of team matrix reporting activities within HSB Group.
The IT Manager acts as a trusted advisor to ensure HSB Canada's business IT requirements are met through the successful execution of requests and ensures appropriate IT strategy development, solution discovery, service delivery, relationship management, as well as governance and risk management.
A solid understanding of business operations and current technological trends will support the prioritization of projects the identification of opportunities to provide more cost-effective support to the business through the improved use of technology as a competitive advantage. As the primary liaison between HSB Canada and Group IT Shared Services, the IT Manager participates in routine, strategic and annual planning meetings for the business as well as IT and works with other IT management to ensure the business needs are incorporated into the overall IT plan
The IT Manager reports to the Vice President, Head of Information Technology of HSB Canada with a matrix reporting relationship to the HSB Group Head of Business Services.
• Performance manage and providing administrative support and leadership to the IT team of developers, specialists, analysts.
• Determining project requirements and developing work allocation and schedules
• Delegating and assigning tasks to achieving daily, weekly, and monthly, yearly goals.
• Being able to communicate and collaborate effectively at various levels – Senior Leadership, Management and team members within a Matrix entrainment
• Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
• Coaching, supporting and motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions, voice their concerns and excel in their performance and progression
• Play a leadership role on IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services. Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
• Monitor performance of information technology applications to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the service
• Work with Vice President and Global to define IT strategy, architecture, and processes
• Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
• Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of stakeholders regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
• Establish and maintain a strategic relationship with appropriate level key stakeholders and HSB Canada.
• Facilitate internal stakeholder business planning and strategy meetings.
• Participate in short and long-term strategic planning sessions to improve business processes, providing input around risks, opportunities, resources, requirements, timelines, etc.
• Understand and anticipate direction of the business area(s)/unit(s) identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the assigned business area(s)/unit(s) desired future state.
• Participate and is up to date on all major initiatives.
• Act as primary point of contact for all activities relating to Demand Management and Release Planning oversight, execution and communication
• Ensure execution of service requests, through creation and adherence to SLA's and delivery of IT services to the business.
• Oversee business case development for new and improved IT services to customers.
• Ensure local accountability for all outsourced IT functions is maintained in accordance with local laws and regulations.
• Provide support through the annual HSB Canada budget process.
• Maintain and manage budget plans to actual and work with Finance to gain and report an understanding of any variance.
• Support and ensure the oversight, monitoring and resolution of escalated IT issues.
• Minimize business value lost during project execution.
• Provide input to HSB Group IT for the prioritization of HSB Canada initiatives based on organization(s) needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
• Ensure the HSB Canada business needs are addressed by HSB Group shared services for all technical solutions from a conceptual standpoint.
• Lead prioritization of HSB Canada IT initiatives based on organization(s) needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
• Leverage HSB Canada IT and additional group resources to deliver on HSB Canada and HSB Group IT needs.
• Provide day to day administrative direction and guidance to local HSB Canada IT operations and applications team in accordance with local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Coordinate across service areas on behalf of the business, ensuring business needs are clearly articulated.
• Represent the business, process owners and enterprise interests in IT/business planning.
• Provide leadership and guidance across teams in areas of expertise.
• Act as a key participant in the IT demand management process.
• Resolve project and operational issues as point of contact between business and IT customer and promote the escalation process for resolution if required.
• Work collaboratively with HSB Group IT ADS Service Delivery Managers to develop clear and concise communications with respects to incidents, problems, and change management as needed.
• Support change management activities.
• Represent the HSB Group IT business strategies and priorities to HSB Canada and represent the HSB Canada business priorities and vision to the HSB Group IT and business.
• Promote business knowledge of IT process, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Act as an advocate for business requirements and required results.
• Identify and mitigate potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery.
• Lead and may champion change management activities.
• Ensure HSB Canada business stakeholders are aware of key business issues.
• Identify and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery. • Identify opportunities for operational efficiency
• Support business project planning, project management, project reporting.
• Participate in the long-range technology strategies to support business strategy.
• Provide strategic consultation to business and HSB Canada teams and may participate in project and service delivery quality reviews and provides feedback sessions.
• Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities.
• Ensure IT solutions support the organization's short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy.
• Analyze HSB Group and MRE technology directives to determine impact to the achievement of HSB Canada objectives and goals.
• Use the HSB Group Shared Services and Service Catalog to identify opportunities and perform assessments and provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment.
• Execute on the HSB Group PMO and Security Governance process.
Business Decision Support
• Maintain awareness of changes to HSB Group IT strategy, goals and processes to ensure requirements, strategy and direction are appropriately reflected at HSB Canada.
• May advocate recommendations for solution options from within HSB Group IT
. • Work with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions.
• Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business stakeholders and HSB Canada from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Develop and advocate recommendations for HSB Canada solution options in conjunction with HSB Group IT Shared Services.
• Manage business leadership priorities of HSB Canada projects and requests.
• Support HSB Group IT ADS in tracking and documenting stakeholders' satisfaction, services consumed, and service level reporting.
• Provide support for business reviews.
• Manage stakeholders' perception and satisfaction with all HSB Canada service delivery.
• Ensure full participating in formal reporting of project status to HSB Group PMO and Governance.
• Recap (monthly, quarterly, and annually, as needed) IT status.
• Ensure stakeholder's expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or HSB Group governance mechanisms
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 7 - 10 years of information systems experience with complex project management experience, including two years of delivery management.
• Proven people management skills that promote team collaboration and engagement.
• Experienced in project management methods, tools and techniques.
• Ability to work independently as well as in an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong customer service skills and behaviors. • Demonstrated ability to make decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office or comparable product for word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation development.
• Strong business acumen required with additional understanding of the Insurance industry preferred.
• Leadership and negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of the business, business requirements analysis and IT processes.
• Ability to work autonomously with matrix reporting responsibilities. • Strong customer-service orientation
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference # ITM-1021 and click the link: Apply Now
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted