I&IT Technical Team Lead, Data Centre Operations
Are you a motivated and results-driven leader, with a proven track record to ensure quality and productivity in a high-pressure service delivery environment? If so, consider this fantastic leadership opportunity with Infrastructure Technology Services (ITS).
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• be a recognized subject matter expert across multiple technical network and security domains for ITS Data Centre networks
• focus on problems that have a direct effect on Data Centre hosted applications, major project deployments and enterprise-wide programs
• define strategies and work with architecture groups(s) for evolving enterprise scale technologies to meet business needs in a flexible and agile manner
• provide assistance on critical system issues, characterization, and analysis of network performance and development of remediation plans
• identify risks in existing architecture designs and develop mitigation plans
• provide technical expertise and leadership in the development, support and maintenance of integrated mainframe, mid-range and server infrastructure services
• lead and manage the technical implementation and delivery of comprehensive I&IT infrastructure solutions to meet client needs within service mandate, including upgrades to large-scale systems and deployments of system replacements
• provide technical leadership, advice and information in support of I&IT infrastructure planning, evaluation, decision-making; team leadership of technical staff; and oversight of external service provider staff, to ensure the efficient delivery of I&IT infrastructure services
How do I qualify?
• you have knowledge of systems/platform architecture, design, deployment and integration principles, in order to oversee the implementation and operation of complex, highly integrated systems platforms designed to support major Government program and priorities
• you have knowledge of systems integration principles, tools and techniques, in order to oversee and support the full integration of multiple platform components across several datacenters and external providers
• you have knowledge of integrated networking technologies, mainframe, open systems technologies, storage technologies, high-availability technologies, leading edge technologies, and technology developments (trends and new products)
• you have knowledge of networking concepts and testing tools to manage and deliver production testing services
• you can lead technical and project teams; and balance competing needs against the available resources, when working with cross functional technical teams, including external vendors and partners
• you can lead troubleshooting activities with clients/external vendors, partners and staff in order to identify/resolve complex and highly integrated I&IT solutions
• you have writing and editing skills to prepare business cases, technical documentation, reports, recommendations and presentations related to technology development strategies and plans
• you have presentation skills, to convey technical information, convincing explanations, options and recommendations for diverse internal and external technical audiences
• you can provide authoritative and persuasive technical expertise for the implementation of recommended solutions
• you have persuasion, tact and negotiating skills with IT infrastructure staff, IT service providers and clients to resolve I&IT service problems
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• you can develop and prepare technical specifications and documentation for installation, testing and performance
• you can assess condition, technical performance and capacity of existing system to meet needs of clients cost/beneficially
• you can investigate, analyze, design, develop and oversee the implementation of specific business solutions which drive services, projects and activities
• you can anticipate and identify any issues arising during systems upgrades/deployments; and develop solutions to ensure that unplanned outages do not occur
Risk and Project Management Knowledge and Skills
• you can anticipate and understand the potential for risk in system failure/critical incidents
• you can develop risk management strategies and protocols to mitigate and minimize risk; and lead resolution of critical incidents when they occur
• you have knowledge of project management methodology, analytical tools and processes, to oversee system implementation projects, and manage issues as they arise during implementation
Salary Range: $73,769 - $107,220 per year
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, January 25, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 101905 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.