HR Business Solutions Specialist
Flex your business and technical skills on the support to mission-critical systems and solutions that enable the delivery of enterprise human resources programs and services. If you are an integrator with exemplary communication skills and demonstrated ability of how to translate HR needs into user-friendly systems and applications, join a team that is dedicated to client operations.
The HR Program Management Branch of the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services offers advice on strategic, innovative program and business solutions planning, development, measurement and evaluation to help HR specialists deliver services to managers and employees across the Ontario Public Service. The branch integrates policy and bargaining priorities with program delivery through change management and communication strategies and initiatives. The branch manages enterprise-wide employment and Order-in-Council security programs; employment transition advice and management; and promotion, outreach and coordination of student employment programming. The branch is also responsible for continuously strengthening the professional capacity of HR practitioners through human capital planning and a range of strategic programs and initiatives that build a competent and effective HR practice for the public service.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a key player for business analysis, solutions development, process re-engineering, and business intelligence, you will:
• Provide advice to management and senior management on business improvement, systems and solutions projects, and business intelligence initiatives;
• Bring together stakeholders and lead concurrent projects to effectively deliver client-focused solutions;
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with HR and IT partners, stakeholders and clients to integrate fiscal, policy, collective bargaining, program planning and information systems needs with solutions; and
• Design, develop and maintain decision-making tools to report on HR service delivery effectiveness based on best-in-class data intelligence practices.
How do I qualify?
Communication, Interpersonal, Training and Relationship Management Skills:
• You have exceptional writing and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare and present briefing notes, technical documents, training, presentations and other materials for targeted audiences, including senior management.
• You have proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, clients, partners and stakeholders.
• You display mature political acuity to deal with sensitive situations and interact with senior management.
Business Analysis, Measurement and Project Management Skills:
• You have demonstrated proficiency in business lifecycle management, process methodology and reengineering methods to plan and implement solutions that best enable policy, collective agreement or program changes.
• You are an expert at mapping business requirements to identify, assess and recommend improvements to business processes and systems.
• You have expertise in performance measurement theory and methods.
• You have expert knowledge and demonstrated skill in project management to oversee and coordinate multiple, complex projects to deliver results on time.
Leadership and Team-Building Skills:
• You have demonstrated leadership skills to work with minimal supervision, lead effective project teams, and mentor and coach colleagues.
• You can work collaboratively and identify opportunities and solutions for building the team's capacity to excel.
Information Technology Expertise:
• You understand information management and technology capabilities to translate business needs into solutions.
• You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, PeopleSoft, Cognos or similar software to analyze statistics, and create technical documentation, communication materials, reports and training packages.
• You can collaborate regularly with IT specialists to exchange information, discuss business requirements and resolve systems challenges with business solutions.
Salary Range: $68,057 - $98,065 Per Year
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 162397, by Tuesday, April 20, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.