Carry the legacy of Bell. Be a part of the company helping the world connect better. By choosing Bell Technical Solutions, you will be choosing a career and not just a job. By nurturing talent and providing infinite growth opportunities, Bell Technical Solutions continuously aims to bring about an instrumental change in careers, lives and dreams. Join us today to discover the personal touches behind the infinite web of communications services and let us make it right, make it personal and make it better.
SUMMER STUDENT FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
We are presently seeking dedicated and highly professional individuals to fulfill the role of a Summer Student Field Service Technician to support our ongoing growth and development. As a Summer Student Field Service Technician, you will be installing and repairing Bell’s home phone, internet and FibeTV.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBLITIES?
• Be the face of Bell and meet the expectations of our valued clients and customers
• Install, repair and maintain Bell’s advanced Fiber and Copper Network
• Promote Bell services and products
• Able to work independently and offer assistance if required to fellow technicians
• Troubleshoot complex telecommunications issues using training, tools and equipment provided
• Adhere to Health & Safety Policies
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A TECHNICIAN?
• Must be currently enrolled in a recognized secondary school or a recent graduate
• G2 driver’s license or higher
• Ability to distinguish colours
• Work in all weather conditions
• Ability to climb ladders at least 28 ft. high
• Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Flexible to work 40 hours a week during summer months (days, evenings and weekends)
• Educated in Electric/Electronics/Electro Mechanics
• Experience working in Trades
• Impeccable communication and customer service skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Education Bonus ($500-$1000) *Terms and conditions apply*
• Option to continue part-time for the following school year
• Opportunity to build a professional network with Canada’s largest telecommunications company
• Practical and hands-on-experience
• Increased wage for every 1,040 hours of completed work
• Competitive Compensation Package
• Paid Training & Tools
• Union Membership
• Option to boost Income through Sales Commission
• Company provided Smartphone and Laptop
LOCATION: Peterborough ON
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday to Friday (8:00am – 9:00pm) Saturday and Sunday (8:00am – 7:00pm)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Peterborough
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell Technical Solutions, we do not just accept differences - we celebrate it. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where team members feel valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, contact your recruiter or send us an email at email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Employment Equity team at Equite-Equity@bellsolutionstech.ca.
Created: Canada, ON, Peterborough