We are looking for a passionate Senior Java Developer to join our team. As a Senior Java Developer in our company, you will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects in a fully Agile/Scrum team environment.
Reporting to the Business Solution Delivery Development Lead for the Digital sub-domain, the Senior Java Developer will have a diversified role developing code in accordance with application development standards and best practices, while working on projects, change requests, minor enhancements and defect resolution.
He or she will be responsible for analyzing, developing and delivering technical solutions for the Digital sub-domain that satisfy the business requirements, and align with enterprise architecture. The Senior Java Developer will also work with incident management teams to investigate and resolve issues and defects with various applications. We are an Agile organization, so previous exposure to Agile/Scrum methodologies is a big plus.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Work collaboratively with clients and co-workers to define product requirements and technical solutions
Understand the work packages and provide work effort estimates to the Project Manager
Develop, integrate, test, maintain and enhance existing and proprietary platform applications
Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned.
Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed
Prepare and implement the technical solution to the production environment
Investigate and provide post implementation support of the technical solution implemented
Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, and sprint reviews
Assist in developing technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
• Development knowledge and experience working in Java, J2EE, etc.
• Spring JDBC, or equivalent database development tools knowledge
• Development knowledge and experience working with Java application servers (preferably Tomcat)
• Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (preferably Git and Maven)
• Development knowledge and experience working with the following technologies:
o Web Services (REST/SOAP)
o Spring IOC
• Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience with Agile software development
• Automated testing framework experience
• Experience supporting enterprise production applications and environments
• Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
• Nice to have: Certification in SDLC Methodology and Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development
Other Skills - Abilities
Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary Scrum team, across multiple projects and multiple locations
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.