Senior Specialist Team Lead
The Community and Social Services I+IT Solutions (CSSIS) Branch provides end-to-end I+IT solution design, development and support to programs delivered by the Social Assistance Programs Division, the Family Responsibility Office and the Community Services Division that help Ontarians achieve their full potential.
The Children, Youth and Social Services I&IT Cluster with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is seeking a Senior Specialist Team Lead with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) expertise to lead and/or participate on teams performing configuration, personalization, customization, maintenance and support of complex applications using Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) as their financial sub-system.
Do you have proven expertise and technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, testing and performance tuning of applications?
If you are looking for an opportunity to challenge and grow your skills, consider applying for this exciting role with the Community and Social Services I+IT Solutions Branch.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service?
We are re-thinking how we deliver services through various initiatives, modernization initiatives and how we access and deliver critical services remotely. We are striving to enable a future-ready OPS workforce through technology-focused enterprise-wide strategies.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, recognize team and individual achievements, and support flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit the OPSEU Union Website for a copy of the current collective agreements.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior Specialist Team Lead, you will:
• Lead functional and technical teams to plan, design, develop, implement, maintain and support ministry and/or enterprise applications
• Gather business requirements, analyze and develop solutions for business requirements, create functional and technical specifications and test cases
• Lead, and assist in providing, integrated system solution design options in consultation with stakeholders, business analysts and developers
• Lead and manage all production incidents from start to closure
• Provide assistance to the team in triaging tickets, and defects, as needed
• Provide authoritative technical advice and expertise on the design, development, deployment and ongoing operation of complex integrated systems and technology platforms that are aligned with our ministry's strategic priorities and digital services transformation objectives
• Provide focused coaching and mentoring to junior developers on areas that are important to the project, team and organization
• Use your experience with writing and maintaining unit testing and CI/CD pipelines
Note: position involves providing on-call and overtime support services after hours during the week, weekends or holidays
Location: North York
How do I qualify?
• You have experience in architecting, designing and implementing microservices in JAVA based on the 12 factor principles
• You have experience designing, developing and programming using such source control systems as GIT
• You have experience working with Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS) such as Oracle, MySQL and non-structured databases such as MongoDB
• You have experience with Web services such as REST, JAX-RS, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC, SOAP
• You have hands-on experience using various Java tools such as containerization (example: Docker and Kubernets)
• You have experience working with application security and authentication such as OAuth, OIDC, SAML
• You have experience with enterprise caching systems such as Redis
• You have experience in Test-driven development using frameworks such as Junit, JMockit, Karma, Protractor
• You have experience developing in cloud environments such as Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• You have experience working with projects that follow such development and testing applications as Agile, Waterfall and a hybrid of the 2 methodologies
• You have an understanding of API Security Best Practices such as mutual SSL, Spring Security, SQL injection and other OWASP guidelines, supporting these high-availability systems at a production level
• You have an understanding of DevOps concepts (Continuous Integration/Delivery) and using tools such as Concourse, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, etc.
Leadership and Coordination
• You have the ability to lead and coordinate investigations and analyze specialized information technology requirements
• You have the ability to provide technical leadership to the team in designing, developing and delivering IT Solutions
• You have the ability to lead committees and client dialogues to negotiate agreements on technological solutions
• You have knowledge of project management to plan, organize and implement projects in a multi-project environment
• You have the ability to interpret and apply applicable legislation, business processes and requirements, database development and structured methodologies
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can investigate and analyze complex technical issues and problems
• You can analyze and evaluate key technical, human, financial and business impacts of proposed projects
• You can conduct options analysis, cost/benefit analysis on alternate solutions
• You can analyze business and systems design requirements and provide technical solutions
• You can gather and design functional requirements (MD50) and write technical specifications (MD70) documents
Communication and Collaboration
• You have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts
• You can interview client teams to determine requirements and change requests
• You can prepare business cases and present written reports on findings and alternate solutions, including complex technical system details
• You can write technical and design documents
• You can explain technical solutions to non-technical business and internal personnel
• You can work effectively and collaboratively with team members, client representatives and vendor partners
Salary Range: $1,654.05 - $2,066.34 Per Week
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 155457, by Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.