If Windows and Linux systems administration and maintenance are among your strengths and you're able to quickly diagnose issues, determine root causes and identify technology solutions to meet client needs, don't miss this opportunity to join Canada Post as a Systems Administrator.
Reporting to the Manager, National Mail Processing Equipment Network and Security, you will support and ensure the high availability of national mail processing equipment infrastructure. This will entail the tight management and configuration of numerous servers, workstations, security appliances and network equipment. Your responsibilities will include supporting various internal Engineering functions such as the Equipment and System Design Authority groups and other field support teams, and the development of network and security requirements, design reviews, and other integration tasks. The continuous development and maintenance of well-documented technical practices, standards and procedures will underpin your success in these endeavours.
YOUR DUTIES as a Systems Administrator will be varied. Specifically, you will:
· Investigate and analyze the feasibility of system requirements for national mail processing systems.
· Prepare technical documentation, including control systems and process designs, to develop system, network and security specifications within the Mail Processing Equipment (MPE) network and security architecture and framework.
· Provide system expertise and guidance to internal customers, and apply conceptual thinking to complex problems and implement practical solutions to help achieve departmental objectives.
· Implement and maintain the plant server infrastructure, including hardware configurations, operating systems, network infrastructure such as security appliance hardware, network switches, routers and virtualization infrastructure.
· Perform proactive system monitoring and integrity checks, and ensure the continuous availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
· Assist with MPE infrastructure administration tasks, system troubleshooting, configuration, and standards compliance in a mixed Windows / Linux environment, Backup/Restore solutions and equipment Disaster Recovery Plans.
· Maintain, and contribute to, various control documents such as MPE network security practice, computer room standards, and other standards, procedures and guidelines.
· Monitor and remove viruses, spyware and other non-authorized software or access attempt(s), assist with intrusion prevention system and anti-virus client and server configuration and maintenance, as well as identify, evaluate and apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
· Review project team or contractor change proposals, and participate in software acceptance testing and factory acceptance testing for Mail Processing Equipment and Systems.
· Work with other functional teams (i.e. HO Engineering Design Authorities, Engineering Field Services, Process Engineering, Operations) to resolve system and operational issues and to implement system improvements.
· Perform technical reviews and evaluations of vendor solutions to ensure feasibility and fit with Canada Post standards and practices.
You bring to the role of Systems Administrator A SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD that includes:
· At minimum, a 3-year Computer Systems Technology Diploma; a related Computer Science degree or related, completed individual computer courses might also be considered.
· At least 5 years' related systems administration experience, OR under 5 years' experience combined with proven network and security skills experience.
· Server virtualization, Active directory, backup/restore technologies, server management, monitoring and notification expertise.
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment, using real-time systems, and a good understanding of plant floor operational requirements.
· General skills in maintaining network infrastructure such as switches and routers, and diagnosing problems.
· Experience in administration of security devices such as firewalls, and consulting on general security measures.
· Proficiency in analyzing data, evaluating systems proposals, and testing.
· Ability to communicate ideas and generate consensus.
· Capability of managing competing resources and multiple demands on time, yet still delivering projects on plan.
· Above-average skills with the MS suite of tools (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
· Ability to use additional analytical tools to evaluate large quantities of data.
· Proficiency in software acceptance testing and factory acceptance testing for computer systems.
· Thorough knowledge of the preparation of technical documentation, including control system and process design.
· Proven ability to apply conceptual thinking to complex problems and implement practical solutions to help achieve the objectives of the Department and the Corporation.
· Professional certification(s) (OSCP, MCSE, RHCE, CCNP, JNCP).
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada's largest employers, we're committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
• A strong community of employees – Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
• The satisfaction of a job well done – You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this job via the Canada Post Careers website, please click here or on the URL provided.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.