Reporting to the Purolator BSD Solution Integration Architect (“SIA”) and Business Partner, Architecture and Strategy, the Solution Architect (Cloud) translates business requirements into solution architecture that complies with enterprise architectural standards and roadmaps. This role is pivotal in delivering and maintaining a solution that best suits business requirements. The SA should have a wide breadth of knowledge on Cloud technologies specifically on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Solution Architect analyzes application integration patterns and infrastructure technology to determine its ability to support the solutions required and creates relevant conceptual solution and solution map to be referenced by other teams to utilize during their solution planning.
The Solution Architect (Cloud) is a key role in the architecture family. This individual collaborates with the Solution Integration Architect, the Project Manager/Delivery team and the Architecture COE to facilitate technical solutions.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Create, evaluate and recommend solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements
• Collaborate with Architecture COE on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps
• Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the current corporate integration requirements
• Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project/initiative
• Lead and delegate development responsibilities to developers and specialists to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame
• Provide guidance and coaching to other architects, developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process
• Assess and articulate any impacts of the solution on existing business and technical landscape
• Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles
• Work closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented
• Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security
• Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches
• Author architectural solution documents
• Provides guidance on basic aspects of AWS cloud infrastructure offerings
• Assists with design and implementation of available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and systems, with help from senior Architects
• Assists with implementation Cloud Architecture solution from an Application and Infrastructure perspective
• Assist with integration of cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure / data center environment
• Assist with design of reference Architecture for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the applications
• Educates team to implement based on best practices
• Provides hands-on technical support to accelerate Cloud learning among peers
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
• Familiar with / basic knowledge of cloud computing technologies
• Familiar with AWS design principles and architectural best practices and industry standards
• Familiarity with AWS Well Architected Framework and Cloud migration industry standards and best practices
• Familiar with / basic knowledge of building IaaS and PaaS solutions
• Knowledge of technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization
• Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross application context
• Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages
• Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments
• Excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration
• Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain
Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (required), Graduate degree in engineering, computer science (Asset)
Certifications / skills:
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (good to have)
• AWS Certified Developer – Associate (good to have)
• AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (good to have)
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.