Feel challenged to deepen and enhance your technical skills. Learn from the subject matter experts through on-the-job coaching and mentoring. Be empowered to feed your passion of thinking outside the box and making your ideas a reality
Are you an experienced and a passionate pioneer in technology who looks to solve real-world problems with a can-do attitude and thrives on resolving challenges in a collaborative and a dynamic environment?
What a typical day look like?
We develop software solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes. We don’t just strategize; we activate and implement at Purolator
• Develop and support custom applications to generate insights and solve business problems on cloud platforms.
• Scope and create early prototypes to validate ideas with designers, developers and product owners
• Transform business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals.
• Accurately define effort requirements and manage personal workflow to ensure the deliverables are created on time and in budget
• Bridge information and requirements across multiple teams such as product management, creative, advisory, and analytics teams to define and influence the design of the solutions
• Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews
• Provide basic design documents and translate into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
• Assist in developing technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment
• Define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
• 3-5+ years of experience with Java backend, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL, SOAP
• Experience building applications across multiple browsers and versions
• Understanding of client-side interactions and tools such as performance, memory management, debugging tools, testing frameworks
• Experience in defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with product owners, designers, and developers
• Comfort in delivering oral presentations is an asset
Nice to have:
Exposure to AWS/cloud solution
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.