Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western Technology Services (WTS) is the central IT department of Western. We are committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective technology solutions and services to the campus community in support of the teaching and research missions of the University. WTS works collaboratively with other unit IT groups to expand the use of our central solutions, administrative systems and services where appropriate.
The Applications Development Team includes a team accountable for the installation and development of enterprise administrative applications delivered by Peoplesoft (an Oracle Company). These applications enable enterprise services to be delivered to the Western community. We strive for continuous improvement of quality, efficiency and value to provide the best solutions to students, faculty and staff.
The Programmer/Analyst will work with various business units to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain application and web server configuration for Western's Peoplesoft administrative systems. The incumbent may provide database maintenance for the applications, be involved in planning of application upgrades, support applications during implementation process and support applications post-implementation to ensure that the software applications address the University's strategic and operational needs. The incumbent may provide technical guidance and leadership to other programmer/analysts.
- College diploma in an information technology field or a university degree with a minor in an information technology field
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Certifications in Oracle PeopleTools Application Developer is preferred
- 5 years' detailed hands-on experience supporting enterprise level software applications in a large diverse employment environment
- Relational database and operating systems experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with workflow, security administration, portal administration, etc.
- Experience with PeopleSoft modules: Human Resources, Financials, Campus Solutions, Contributor Relations is preferred
- Hands-on experience developing & supporting a large variety of critical integrations is preferred (This includes integrations with PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft systems that are received & delivered in various methods, such as flat files, xml, integration broker transactions)
- In depth knowledge of PeopleTools, including Integration Broker, Search Framework, Life Cycle Management tools, etc. is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of data structures, data relationships and reporting tools
- Expert knowledge of current Internet technologies, including HTML and CSS including responsive web
- Expert in the development and execution of test cases and test plans
- Demonstrated ability to affect change and support new directions for applications development technologies on campus
- Takes initiate to gather data that helps identify and differentiate the symptoms and root causes of defined problems
- Establishes a higher standard of performance excellence in key areas of responsibility, thus serving as a model for performance in this role
- Proficient in writing clear, concise procedural documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) and participate in business discussions
- Ability to explain the immediate context of a situation, asks questions with follow-ups, and solicits advice prior to taking action
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and successes
- Critical thinking and discernment to assess and scope areas for improvement and an ability to offer creative solutions
- Able to work independently on tasks after appropriate training and with guidance
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Ability to prepare and make small presentations to colleagues and clients
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Follow project management best practices as defined by the unit
- Models exceptional skills in fostering relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
Please note, this position is not remote and will be based in London, ON.
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.