NORTH VANCOUVER SCHOOL DISTRICT Do you have a passion for technology and innovative student learning? Are you looking for a great working environment? Then come "learn, share and grow" with us in the natural place to work! From coastal beaches to
In West Vancouver Schools, we set high expectations for our more than 7,200 students who come from the District of West Vancouver, the Squamish Nation, the Village of Lions Bay and across the water from Bowen Island. We aspire to be the finest
New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity Senior District Information Technologist New Westminster Schools (SD40) is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and professional IT Technologist to join its Technical & Information Services (TIS) team.
We’re looking for a Senior Sales Strategy Director to positively impact the business by identifying new revenue generating opportunities, working in all topics go-to-market. This role will work closely with Sales leadership on everything from
Westland Insurance Group Ltd is growing and has a new opportunity for a Systems Administrator situated in our Surrey, BC, Head Office. This is a great opportunity to join our IT Operations team in a rapidly growing organization heavily
Position: Full Stack Developer (C#)
Location: 300-1455 Bellevue Ave, West Vancouver, BC (Please note all staff are currently working remote)
Report To: Director IT
Start Date: ASAP
If you're a professional technologist with a great understanding of software development, architecture and patterns, and a passion for data then you'll be a great fit. Join our small team and add your outstanding field knowledge to complement our existing skill sets and domain knowledge.
Who we are
We're a small, entrepreneurial team making a difference in a variety of industries ranging from consumer care products to automotive products, electronics, and secure, compliance software tools. We count some of the biggest Canadian companies among our customers as well as Global Fortune 500 companies. We have a rich history of business success dating back to 1968 when Charles (Chuck) Walker founded the Walker Group - an organisation with a start-up approach way before start-ups were a thing. Chuck continues to encourage creativity, communication and teamwork in everything we do, especially as we enter a growth phase. We're always looking for new opportunities, we move quickly and with agility to get new ideas to market. The team do all this from our beautiful, beach-front office located in West Vancouver, with rooftop terrace, gym facilities and an organic rooftop garden.
We offer training, a partial work from home policy, good work life balance and we're small enough so you can make a huge impact.
What we need
We're embarking on some big new initiatives and partnerships with some names you'll recognize and we're looking to augment our team with the skills and people to help us deliver on two fronts. The first is readying ourselves for the challenge. We want someone to help us analyse our systems, especially our databases and stored procedures. With that knowledge, we then want to plan and execute on an initiative to clean-up and refactor our systems and rearchitect the way we approach system development so that we can increase cohesion, reduce coupling and lay the foundations for going after the next business opportunity. The second front is helping us leverage emerging technologies to streamline our operations as well as offer our clients unique products that no one else can offer.
· You will work with our Applications Architect and IT Director to design target architectures for data processing and storage to meet our future business objectives.
· You will work alongside our other developers to gain a deep understanding of the reasons and rationale behind current system designs.
· You will identify unnecessary redundancy, duplication, deprecated functionality and opportunities for clean-up within our repositories, and plan and execute those improvements.
· You will focus on standardization and simplification, cost reduction, appropriate investment, system resilience, high cohesion and lose coupling.
· You will research, recommend and implement new technologies.
Who you are
· You're curious about technology systems and you're a problem solver and an analyst.
· You have an expert level understanding of software development paradigms, especially related to data management.
· You're not daunted by complexity and enjoy decomposition of problems.
· You work well alongside other senior engineers.
· You have strong ideas on best practices but respect other perspectives and can change your own when presented with equally strong ideas.
· You can present your ideas in a coherent, clear manner and can tailor your communications to the audience.
· You have an entrepreneurial streak.
Required skills, knowledge and qualifications
· Good English written and verbal communication skills.
· Undergraduate or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline. Master's degree or above preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
· In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns
· Demonstrable expertise in software engineering best practices and full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· 3+ years of experience with the .NET Framework, ASP.NET Web APIs and C#
· Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
· Good knowledge of NoSQL system use, including key value data stores and document storage.
· Experience in SQL (T-SQL), including constructing SQL queries, stored procedures, and optimization techniques
· 3+ Experience in developing UX/UI and back-end services
· 2+ Experience in using React and/or Angular
· Strong experience with Git source control.
· Exposure to SOA or micro-services environments
Nice to have
Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services or other IaaS/PaaS cloud providers.
Experience building bots and leveraging machine vision, machine learning and blockchain.
Mobile development experience a plus