NORTH VANCOUVER SCHOOL DISTRICT Do you have a passion for technology and innovative student learning? Are you looking for a great working environment? Then come "learn, share and grow" with us in the natural place to work! From coastal beaches to
In West Vancouver Schools, we set high expectations for our more than 7,200 students who come from the District of West Vancouver, the Squamish Nation, the Village of Lions Bay and across the water from Bowen Island. We aspire to be the finest
New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity Senior District Information Technologist New Westminster Schools (SD40) is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and professional IT Technologist to join its Technical & Information Services (TIS) team.
We’re looking for a Senior Sales Strategy Director to positively impact the business by identifying new revenue generating opportunities, working in all topics go-to-market. This role will work closely with Sales leadership on everything from
Westland Insurance Group Ltd is growing and has a new opportunity for a Systems Administrator situated in our Surrey, BC, Head Office. This is a great opportunity to join our IT Operations team in a rapidly growing organization heavily
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU's people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: SENIOR NETWORK SPECIALIST - Competition ID 694
Reporting to Associate Director, Technology Service, this regular full-time position is responsible for providing technical support and administration of the University's computer and network infrastructure which will include system administration of VMware, MS Hyper-V and backup infrastructure using CommVault.
The Senior Network Specialist is responsible for the administration of Enterprise Data Protection, Red Hat Operating system, Microsoft Server Operating system and a good working knowledge of Storage Area Network technology (SAN). This position's main responsibilities include overseeing the day to day administration, support and maintenance of the University's server/backup installations as well as recommending innovative solutions to meet future requirements. This position will provide technical leadership to junior staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of a college diploma or university degree in computing/networking studies, supplemented by 4 years progressive experience.
• Good working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V server virtulization technologies including the supporting infrastructure is required.
• Good working knowledge of Enterprise Data Protection using CommVault Simpania
• Good working knowledge of the Unix and Red Hat operating systems
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Server Windows Operating system.
• Good working knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN)
• Thorough knowledge of day to day IT service second level operational support.
• In depth knowledge of computer/networking system operations, including the ability to quickly grasp new concepts using new technologies.
• Demonstrated good working knowledge of systems & network infrastructure technologies.
• Demonstrated good working knowledge of data communication infrastructure technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, under own initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to independently organize work to achieve predetermined goals and meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to deal with others effectively and to handle unusual or unexpected situations.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We're proud of the benefits that we offer our employees. Total Rewards includes an attractive benefits plan, generous vacation entitlement and leave options, pension, tuition waiver, health and well-being opportunities, as well as professional development programs to support your career growth and talent development.
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.