Responsibilities will include but not limited to: - Ensure that network security, integrity and design of the College Systems is reliable and meets the ongoing goals of the college - Support user authentication, electronic messaging/calendaring, data network/internet, data storage, data recovery and network security services. - Maintain the currency, security and operation of the Colleges server and infrastructure across all functional areas. - Support capacity and lifecycle planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems, infrastructure and software, including standards and guidelines based on business goals and reporting requirements. - Conducts research on network and systems service products through vendor engagements. - Participate, as a senior resource, in the design and deployment of college communications networks, systems infrastructure and software services. - Network and data communications infrastructure design and administration including Video Telepresence Solutions, Telephony infrastructure and Application Services - Participate in design, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of core system technologies - Provide functional supervision of enterprise architecture by monitoring network and server usage and perform preventative measures; researching and recommending vendor supplied products and services. - Provide support and assist to other Information Technology department staff (where necessary or advantageous to the College). - Act as backup to other System/Network Administrator positions where training and experience will allow - Design, Configure and Administer server solutions that are either physical or virtualized regardless of whether their location is on premise or cloud based - Engage in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College and support the aspirations and needs of our learners and communities. - Promote a positive work atmosphere and communicate in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect for students and colleagues. - Other job related duties, as assigned by the Chief Information Officer, or designate.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post Secondary Diploma in Computer Information Systems with 2 years of relevant experience, preferably with formal training and/or education with Microsoft Windows systems security and data networking ( MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or CCNA or equivalent experience.)
- Demonstrated a strong hand on experience in the analysis, design and deployment of Windows Active Directory from 2012 to present in an enterprise environment.
- Experienced in organizing and oversee the installation of data communications hardware and software.
- Knowledge of various scripting languages
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of virtualization products such as VMWare VSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Excellent organizational skills and analytics.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong understanding of current and cutting-edge technologies.
For full details on this opportunity and to apply, please visit out website.