Manager, IT Infrastructure and Systems The second largest burger chain in Canada, A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. is a Canadian company that provides leadership to 1,000 franchised restaurants across Canada. A&W has articulated Climate Goals
Concert Properties Ltd. is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.5 billion and shareholder equity of over $2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in
*Must be eligible to work in Vancouver. Job Description: Offer support and technical assistance to users who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks. Troubleshooting problems
Requisition ID: 267468 Work Area: Software-Design and Development Expected Travel: 0 - 10% Career Status: Professional Employment Type: Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to
Position Title Systems and Application Database Administrator
Posting Number 00921SA
Location New Westminster Campus
Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 17 + Market Adjustment
Salary Range $66,394 annually (with wage increments to a max of $75,256 annually). Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Position Type Support Staff - Regular
Posting Type Internal/External
Employment Type Full-Time
Posting Category Staff
Start Date 09/08/2020
Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays
Shift 8:30am - 4:30pm
This regular, full-time (35 hours per week) position is available starting September 8, 2020. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Shift days and times may change depending on the Department's need.
Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required. The position is located at the New Westminster campus; however, successful candidate must be available for occasional work at the Coquitlam campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
To provide management, technical support and high availability for the College's enterprise applications, databases and data warehouses. To perform the role of an Application DBA for Enterprise Systems. Provides exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
1. Systems Database Administration
a. Installs, configures, patches and upgrades databases and related products.
b. Establishes and maintains Backup and Recovery procedures.
c. Implements and maintains database security (user access, roles and privileges) and Audit functions.
d. Plans for storage and capacity.
e. Monitors, tunes and optimizes the performance of databases.
f. Establishes, configures and maintains High Availability and Disaster Recovery
procedures for databases.
g. Implements required security policies to databases.
h. Liaises with vendor support for technical and project related issues.
2. Application Database Administration
a. Installs, configures, patches and upgrades enterprise applications.
b. Monitors and manages application jobs pertaining to applications.
c. Creates and updates database objects.
d. Writes database procedures and scripts where required.
e. Assists developers with database activities and tuning of database queries.
3. Other Database Related Duties
a. Provides management and support for Ministry and College data warehouses.
Actively involved in the design and creation of data stores and data cubes.
b. Creates and maintains ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) scripts for data
c. Provides and supports the integration between Enterprise databases and third party software.
4. Other Related Duties
a. Provides information, technical assistance and support to users.
b. Attends internal and external meetings.
c. Maintains and upgrades technical currency by attending courses and training
d. Delivers training to users and peers as needed.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Computing Science or equivalent IT program from a recognized post-secondary educational institution supplemented by a minimum of five years' relevant experience in database administration in an Oracle environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Good knowledge of applications in the organization and strong understanding of the business.
3. Experience with:
- Latest versions of Oracle RDBMS (12c and later), Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Weblogic
- Identity and Access Management Systems
- Oracle Database high availability Architectures
- Tomcat Administration
4. Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Operating Systems
- Physical Database Design
- Performance tuning at database and application level
- Backup and recovery scenarios
- Security management
- Computer system administration including good knowledge of UNIX, Linux and MS Windows server operating systems.
- Basic networking, including familiarity with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, SSL.
5. Good knowledge and thorough understanding of web technologies.
6. A demonstrated ability to:
- Provide strategic database direction for the organization;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Work with others in a team environment;
- Establish priorities and achieve deadlines;
- Build trust and maintain professional image in all situations;
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing with administrators, faculty, staff, development team and external vendors;
- Establish and maintain system-specific documentation and operational procedures.
7. Good working knowledge of the English language (verbal and written).
8. Proven record, including continual training, upgrading and/or certification, in Database Administration of an Oracle based system and of emerging technologies and tools.
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 08/26/2020
Close Date 09/01/2020
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online.
Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. ALL INTERNAL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.