Manager, IT Infrastructure and Systems The second largest burger chain in Canada, A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. is a Canadian company that provides leadership to 1,000 franchised restaurants across Canada. A&W has articulated Climate Goals
Concert Properties Ltd. is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.5 billion and shareholder equity of over $2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in
*Must be eligible to work in Vancouver. Job Description: Offer support and technical assistance to users who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks. Troubleshooting problems
Requisition ID: 267468 Work Area: Software-Design and Development Expected Travel: 0 - 10% Career Status: Professional Employment Type: Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to
Manager, Infrastructure Services
New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus
Regular hours of work are 8:30 am -4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Occasional travel between Douglas College's locations as required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President, Technology, & Chief Information Officer, Centre for Educational and Information Technology, the Manager, Infrastructure Services is responsible for the operational oversight of the Infrastructure Services unit within the department. The Manager leads and manages a team of technical specialists, develops, implements, administers and maintains the technical infrastructure for educational and information technology including telecommunications, wired and wireless networks and related equipment, data centers, (servers and data storage) and other technical services. This position is also responsible for recommending and implementing enterprise architecture software and services.
The Manager, Infrastructure Services is accountable for the following:
• Leading, inspiring, coaching the team towards technical and professional excellence;
• Building and nurturing a culture of lifelong learning, inclusivity, and teamwork;
• Managing unionized staff including recruitment and selection, training, performance planning, evaluating and disciplining where appropriate;
• Leading by example, modeling values and behaviors that is collaborative and cooperative and consistent with the spirit of service to others;
• Managing infrastructure projects, preparing and presenting project status reports;
• Developing, monitoring, and implementing the architectural design of the College's telecommunication, computing and networking technology technical infrastructure to support teaching/learning and administrative requirements in accordance with College plans, policies and procedures;
• Planning, designing and managing the implementation, operation, maintenance, and ongoing technical support of technology for:
o network services (voice/unified communication, data, wired and wireless)
o application hosting and data storage services, including backup and restoration
o information technology (IT) disaster planning and business continuity;
o enterprise architecture software and services
• Establishing appropriate service level criteria, guidelines and change management processes;
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the unit, ensuring consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels; working collaboratively with other CEIT Teams;
• Delivering high availability operations from local data centers, including partnership with Facilities Services for power, backup power, and cooling;
• Defining the College computing and networking technology standards through consultation with the CEIT management team and representatives of user groups;
• Providing input into business and educational information technology plans of the College to the extent that these have implications for the services provided by the unit;
• Overseeing and managing, in partnership with Purchasing and Facilities Services, the evaluation, selection, acquisition, installation, and maintenance of the College's computing, networking and telecommunication hardware and software;
• Consulting and working with the IT security team to understand IT Security issues, implement security projects, and ensure security and stability of College networks and infrastructure are maintained at acceptable levels and per College policy;
• Maintaining current knowledge of technical developments in educational and information technologies; reviewing and making recommendations for possible applications that will benefit the College;
• Providing technical leadership and advice related to infrastructure;
• Developing, recommending and managing the unit's portion of the department's budget;
• Initiating and maintaining contacts with educational and information technology vendors and related professional groups. Promoting, developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships consistent with the purpose of the unit;
• Interpreting and administering the BCGEU collective agreement, representing the College in the grievance procedures as required; providing input to management in preparation for bargaining;
• Chairing assigned committees as required;
• Acting on behalf of other managers in the department as required;
• Performing other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Established professional credibility as evidenced by a baccalaureate degree in Computing Science or a related discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered;
• A minimum of three years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated success in developing, implementing, administering and maintaining an information technology infrastructure, preferably in a public post-secondary educational institution;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with telephony technologies and services;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in systems analysis and design, project management, systems development, capacity planning and disaster recovery planning;
• A minimum of two years supervisory experience in a unionized environment;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead including the ability to mentor and develop staff;
• Demonstrated ability to acquire, maintain and apply current educational and information technologies;
• Demonstrated ability to model appropriate professional, ethical and collaborative behaviours consistent with the responsibilities of this position; and
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and a track record of resolving diverse and complex problems.
• Communications Skills – Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal, and written and expresses thoughts in an organized, concise manner. Actively listens to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support. Demonstrates an effective and adaptive skill in communicating with students/individuals under stress. Develops and delivers effective presentations. Has the ability to present information and ideas to diverse groups.
• Market Knowledge – Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in his/her field and is committed to continuous learning; one that is selfâ€motivated and selfâ€directed, being able to work independently with sense of urgency to task completion.
• Innovative & Entrepreneurial Approach – Seeks out possibilities, develops new ideas, and effectively moves them forward. Is creative, innovative and takes advantage of opportunities, while recognizing the necessity of working with limited resources and in alignment with the strategic directions of the College.
• Employee Centric– Anticipates, responds, and attends to the needs of employees and other internal and external customers of the department and organization.
• Effective Working Relationships – Treats staff, colleagues, and students with respect; resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely way, negotiates effectively, and provides effective feedback to colleagues / direct reports.
• Administrative Skills – Provides leadership and ensures accountability for achievement of results; very focused; strong organizational skills; simplifies often complex and lengthy matters; effective time management skills; ability to separate important issues and identify priorities.
• Organizationally Astute – Is diplomatic and tactful; non-confrontational; recognizes internal and external sensitivities; has an intuitive ability to read the political implications of recommendations and actions; uses sound judgment.
• Energetic and Adaptable – Is prepared to take on longer-term initiatives and does so with enthusiasm; has the ability to adapt to new and changing situations; able to alter course/direction when necessary; enjoys and embraces new challenges. Flexible; able to deal with stress effectively.
Special Instructions To Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online.
This posting will remain open until filled.
Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. ALL INTERNAL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY August 4, 2020.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Link to Full Position Profile