University of Alberta IST Server & Application Host Site Reliability Specialist 1 Competition No. - S100345986 Posting Date - Aug 27, 2021 Closing Date - Sep 17, 2021 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary range - $62,877.36 to
IT Security Analyst IV Business Technology Services Business Technology Operations – Edmonton Permanent, Full-time Position Reporting to the Team Lead, Cyber Security, the IT Security Analyst IV will ensure the implementation of integrated,
Job Title & Location: Programmer Analyst II (Acheson) Job Type: Full time Reporting to the Senior Solution Architect and working as part of the software development team, the Programmer Analyst II is responsible for developing, maintaining,
Job Title & Location: BI Azure Developer/Analyst (Acheson) Job Type: Full time As part of our BI and Analytics Team, our BI Azure Developer/Analyst will be responsible for advising and assisting in all activities related to delivering business
Job Title & Location: Enterprise Infrastructure Architect (Acheson)Job Type: Full Time Reporting to the Manager of IT Technologies & Cyber-security Infrastructure, the Enterprise Infrastructure Architect is responsible for providing technical
Job Title & Location: e-Commerce Product Manager (Acheson)Job Type: Full Time The eCommerce Product Manager will work under the direction of the Director, Business Relationship and Application and support our eCommerce Platform. As a team, the Product
Business Technology Services - Edmonton
Permanent, Full Time Positions (up to 2)
At WCB-Alberta, we make a meaningful impact on the lives of working Albertans. We are a not-for-profit organization legislated to administer the workers' compensation system for the province. When any Alberta worker is hurt on the job, we are here to help. Every day, we work hard to make a positive difference on the lives of our customers.
The Project Delivery Office (PDO) of the Business Technology Services division in Edmonton is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill the position of Project Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for managing and delivering several projects simultaneously. This is a senior role that is responsible for all aspects of project management, including, but not limited to, the management of scope, budget, schedule, deliverables, communications, change management, and stakeholder engagement and communication. As an experienced Project Manager, you demonstrate exceptional communication and presentation skills across a range of forums and channels with executive and senior level stakeholders.
• Work with business leaders and stakeholders to deliver complex multi-stream projects,
• Prepare project plans, project schedules, risk mitigation and status reporting within the WCB standards of project management methodologies,
• Work closely and collaboratively with other project/delivery teams, business areas and external parties to ensure interdependencies are identified early and managed successfully,
• Own the development and review of project requirements with Delivery Managers, Business Case Owners, Architects, and Technical Leads to ensure projects will deliver to the objectives and planned benefits of the business case,
• Escalate material issues and risks to leadership in a timely fashion,
• Ensure that organizational change management activities are completed to drive project adoption,
• Present status updates to senior management
• A Commerce/Business or Computer related degree is preferred, combined with several years’ experience leading large, multi-stakeholder business focused projects.
• Additional advanced training or certification in Project Management and Business Continuity is desirable. Possession of a recognized professional project management designation (PMP, PMI-ACP, etc.) is strongly preferred.
• Ability to rapidly learn new business processes and operating practices and apply this knowledge to improve project planning and delivery.
• Assist in Statement of Work development and participate in contract negotiations.
• Hands-on experience using multiple project management tools to plan and deliver projects.
• A minimum of 5 years applied and progressive experience leading complex projects of multi-disciplinary teams consisting of both technical and non-technical resources.
• Ability to identify efficiencies/linkages with other projects and to manage and prioritize multiple projects with constantly changing requirements and priorities.
• Ability to integrate technical expertise with strong conceptual and analytical skills.
• Exercise a high degree of initiative and independence of action.
• Strong business orientation and strategic agility to recognize and pursue innovative approaches to ensure effective project outcomes on behalf of the organization.
$86,868 to $108,564 per annum
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, flexible work schedules and hybrid work opportunities that foster a healthy work-life balance, supportive leadership and a caring and collaborative work environment. For more information, please see our Employee Handbook on our website, www.wcb.ab.ca.
To be considered for this position, please apply online quoting competition #J0921-0465 by submitting a cover letter and resume to www.wcb.ab.ca/careers. External candidates will also be considered.
Posted: September 10, 2021 Closes: September 24, 2021
Final external candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security clearance. Internal candidates may also be required to undergo a security clearance as per the WCB Security Clearance guideline.