Specific Job Description
- Support development of software in the context of a self-organizing cross-functional Scrum team.
- Perform exploratory software testing and create and run test scenarios.
- Understand complicated systems as a black box, and discover, predict, and diagnose issues in those systems.
- Advocate for consistency and positive user experience. Ensure correctness and usability of software.
- Learn customer and industry use cases and ensure that software meets customer needs.
- Basic scripting and programming.
- Ensure quality of mission-critical software for control and analytics in unmanned systems.
- Development and execution of test suites
- Be a contributing, pro-active member of a co-located Scrum team.
- Embrace ownership of the responsibilities of the Scrum team, and stepping up wherever needed.
- Collaborate continuously on growing the design and implementation of software products by testing early and often.
- Maintain comprehensive and understandable technical documents.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or employer.
- Provide customer support. Diagnose integration issues and working with developers to resolve them.
- Be comfortable with Windows and Linux development environments.
- Write documentation, such as sections of Users Manuals or System Administration manuals.
- Give iterative product demonstrations to stakeholders.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Understand Agile software development process and software testing techniques
- Excels working in a collaborative team environment
- Continually learn and improve based on focused feedback.
- Basic scripting and programming skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Degreed Programs: Electrical, Geomatics, and Software Engineering.
Completion of 3 years of a 4-year program.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.