As part of the Business Intelligence team, the candidate will be in charge of development of new reports and transfer jobs as well as being involved in the maintenance of our existing solution. The candidate will also work on the development of the web site used as a front end to the Microsoft Report Server.
The candidate shall also perform a variety of tasks to validate and ensure quality of new software; establish and write test plans and test procedures for new software developed to ensure that it meets the specifications; perform functional test of the product to identify bugs and nonconformities.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, MIS, BI or a related field required.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum five years increasingly responsible programming experience using a standard coding language and/or platform required
- Minimum five years experience in MS SQL related software development, verification and testing required
- Minimum two years experience in MS SQL SSRS/SSIS software development, coding, verification and testing preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in WEB software development, coding, verification and testing preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Visio, Word and Outlook required
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence report development
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and SQL programming
- Fundamentals of technical testing and quality assurance
- Standard coding and testing techniques
- Windows Operating System fundamentals (e.g, Win7, 2008, 2012)
- Basic project planning techniques
- Principles of logic as applied to computer programming
- Applications will be accepted through 08/19/2016
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Assimilate and utilize technical information
- Ability to maintain excellent documentation and records
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Manage multiple, concurrent tasks
- Work independently in the absence of immediate supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and teamwork with co-workers
Do you share our passion of "work worth doing?" Demand for our services continues to grow. We are looking for the nation's best who are interested in making a difference. If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
If you work at West Safety Services, you'll never take 9-1-1 for granted again. For more than 35 years, we've been a leader in an industry where the stakes are high, as are our expectations of each other. We recruit the best talent because our success is measured in lives saved, in communities protected and in assets secured.
Our 9-1-1 and other emergency communications technologies provide the essential link between telecommunications firms, wireless carriers, cable and security systems providers and public safety agencies. The proliferation of smart devices, sensors and new media are fueling our recent innovations that help guide emergency responders and public safety professionals as they assess complex, critical situations in real-time.
Please Note: Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification – criminal history check, fingerprinting and training. The company may also run a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process.