Outline of Duties
The Senior Technical Advisor – IT Security oversees the development, availability and optimization of and support for the IT security infrastructure, to support the operational requirements of the company's IT systems.
More specifically, the Senior Technical Advisor – IT Security:
- Oversees the installation, development and optimization of and support for hardware and software components, to support the security and operational needs of the company's IT systems;
- Identifies IT threats and finds solutions to remedy those threats;
- Proposes ideas for ongoing improvements to IT security procedures within the company;
- Working with the architecture team, stays abreast of new technology, analyses needs, and recommends and implements the appropriate technology (software, hardware) to support the security and operational needs of the company's IT systems;
- Provides performance indicators for own sector;
- Prepares and updates standards, procedures and documentation for tools in own area of expertise;
- Provides expertise and support to other departments or co-workers for projects or routine operations in own area of expertise; may occasionally be required to train users for a specific purpose.
- You have completed a Bachelor degree or a College diploma (DEC) in computers and equivalent experience;
- You cumulate more than five (5) years of experience in the management and operation of IT security infrastructure;
- Proficient in use of security systems such as firewalls, virtual private networks, anti-virus tools and other security devices;
- Experience in the evaluation of risks and IT vulnerabilities;
- Sound knowledge of network computing;
- Bilingual, French and English, written and spoken;