Join the ranks of Stikeman Elliott, one of the most distinguished and respected law firms in Montréal. The firm has been named one of the "50 Best Employers in Canada" from 2010 to 2015 and ranked among the "Top 100 Employers in Canada" from 2009 to 2012.
Stikeman Elliott is always seeking to recruit the best and the brightest candidates. The Montréal office currently has an opening for an Application Specialist.
The Application Specialist serves as the subject matter expert and leads initiatives that improve application functionality which results in high business value. The Application Specialist also works closely with the business users to implement new or to enhance current applications. The incumbent needs to ensure that corporate applications are meeting business needs and performing as expected by providing 2nd level support to the Technical Support Team (1st Level).
- Manage and provide support on all legal specific, and other, applications in use, including but not limited to eDocs, Aderant (CMS), InterAction, Integration Builder, WallBuilder, IntApp Flow, ViDesktop/Recruit, Enact, SharePoint;
- Manage and/or participate in application evaluation, installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance;
- Provide 2nd level support to business users;
- Create SharePoint sites as requested;
- Provide members of Technology department with necessary training relating to use, administration and simple trouble-shooting of various applications;
- Research, analyze and plan new functionalities which make businesses processes more efficient and are beneficial to end users;
- Build positive client and peer relationships by developing an understanding of users, business, and project needs;
- Create and modify existing MS Office templates when necessary;
- Review, maintain and optimize overall configurations;
- Proactively work to achieve a high degree of client satisfaction by identifying potential solutions that allow the client to use the services offered effeciently;
- Investigate industry best practices and technology to determine the viability of integrating new technology with existing solutions;
- Integrate, and modify where necessary, both purchased and existing components to create seamless interaction with other parts of the system and with client applications;
- Consult with business units and projects in identifying, documenting and evaluating options for the delivery of applications to meet client business requirements;
- Participate in QA testing when needed by the Solution Delivery Team;
- Create and maintain sites based on best practices and industry standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Experience working with applications that interface with third party software;
- Experience integrating web applications with external systems is desired;
- Must have advanced knowledge of SharePoint 2007/2010/2013;
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS SQL Server including experience with MS SQL Reporting and Database Administration;
- SQL experience should also include scripting including views, stored procedures and triggers;
- Must have experience with web application servers (IIS, Apache);
- Experience with data transformation and migration from various systems;
- Must have working knowledge of MS Windows desktop and server operating systems;
- Knowledge of MS Word and MS Office in general including developing and maintaining templates using VBA language;
- Experience with legal specific software like Integration Builder from IntApp Software, DMS(Document Management Systems)edocs, CRM systems (preferably InterAction), CMS(Aderant Expert) would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and successfully in a high pressure environment;
- Accept mentoring from others and quickly adapt suggested improvements as required;
- Identify roadblocks and reach out to others for assistance to resolve issues;
- Keep others informed of progress; communicate to balance and prioritize competing deadlines;
- Support a collegial and collaborative work environment with the ability to work independently as well as be a team player;
- Build and maintain positive relationships within and outside the firm; establish trust and confidence;
- Maintain composure when under pressure and exemplify a high level of patience;
- Excellent client service, interpersonal (in person and over the phone) and problem solving skills;
- Work with others effectively under short deadlines in high-pressure situations;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to take initiative;
- Employ a professional, enthusiastic tone and demeanor;
- Reliable and maintain good attendance.
- Bilingualism in French and English is required (oral and written).
- Mobility is required to attend meetings and give presentations.
- The ability to travel within the country to various locations required up to 5% of the time.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only the selected candidates will be contacted.