The Internal Audit Department of Resolute Forest Products is seeking a Manager, Operational and IT Audits, who will plan and deliver independent and objective audit services designed to add value to the various locations and Head Office. With a strong understanding of accounting and auditing and excellent oral and written communication skills, you will contribute to the success of not only the Department but also the organization as a whole.
- Lead or perform the planning and execution of financial, operational and IT audits, including assessment of audit findings and recommendations, and obtain management responses and commitment to action plans;
- Provide quality team leadership for audit engagements and accountability to ensure that methods and results comply with professional internal audit standards, accounting principles generally accepted in the United States, the Company's policies and procedures, and Internal Audit Department procedures;
- Review the effectiveness and relevance of control processes and systems to optimize the Company's resources;
- Participate in discussions with management at all levels for the annual risk assessment review;
- Provide input for the preparation of the annual audit plan;
- Monitor status and resolution of management action plans;
- Manage, coach and provide guidance to promote effective employee relations and increase morale, innovation and productivity to ensure operational effectiveness;
- Hire, train and assess the performance of Internal Audit personnel;
- Provide input and recommend solutions for audit process improvements;
- Lead special mandates, such as investigations;
- Assist management with fraud prevention, including the Company's Fraud Risk Awareness program;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Internal Audit, you will be part of a progressive and enthusiastic team. Being a dynamic group with strong technical competencies, our team appraises the Company's operations as a service to management and the Board of Directors, and provides independent and objective assurance, with a focus on adding value.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and a CPA or CIA designation;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of internal and/or external managerial audit experience;
- Interest in leading and/or performing operational, financial and compliance audits;
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Your assets and skills:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (oral and written) in both official languages;
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Word and MS-Excel;
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills;
- Ability to work with and as part of a team;
- Proven audit skills and knowledge of IIA standards;
- Keen sense of organization, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience with U.S. publicly traded companies and/or a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP is preferred.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.