Data Warehouse Application & ETL Developer
Join a digital services consulting company in rapid growth.
Expert in data warehouse application development? The proximity and understanding of your audience and their technical contexts in order to bring them the most suitable solution is your first concern? So join a team dedicated to supporting major transformation projects.
Responsible for the success of several projects by developing new, maintaining existing and supporting a number of in-house/vendor applications from the data warehouse, database and business intelligence perspective. The work will require analyzing business requirements, interpreting and understanding technical specifications and following instruction from the team lead, peer developers, business analysts and project managers.
Your intellectual curiosity, your optimism and your constant sharpened innovation capacity will allow you to complete the following tasks:
- Good working knowledge of data warehouse, database and business intelligence environments, concepts and techniques
- Strong understanding of concepts and techniques for design, development and implementation of ETL and data quality
- Review, understand, interpret and transform clearly defined technical specifications into data warehouse, database and/or business intelligence solutions
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Ability to perform problem analysis, structured analysis, design and programming techniques
- Use of Data Modeling, Database Query Optimization and Data Access techniques and concepts
- Database knowledge in areas of import and export, users, roles, privileges, schema and object management, session monitoring, etc.
- Code, maintain, test and provide code reviews for developed processes and procedures (e.g. queries, scripts, stored procedures, database objects, indices, triggers, etc.)
- Strong performance tuning knowledge in SQL and ability to interpret plans, identify bottlenecks in queries and remediate them
- Work proactively to solve issues and problems
- Create use cases and assist in UAT testing efforts for the developed solutions
- Document, effectively track and resolve issues in a timely manner during the development and testing phases (work with the team and end users as appropriate)
- Review and document performance
- Provide weekly progress reports of work performed
- Work with the project team to assist in other aspects of the project
- Follow and adhere to company development standards, the software development lifecycle, vendor application / project standards and guidelines
- Embrace the opportunity to take on special projects outside of specific roles and responsibilities
The following technical skillset is required (minimum):
- Developer/programmer (10+ years’ experience)
- ETL Developer (6+ years’ experience)
- Oracle: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, MS SQL
- Unix Scripting
- ETL - Informatica Power Center, Data Quality
- Oracle: Warehouse Builder, SQL Loader, Data Pump, Data Integrator
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (MS SSIS)
- Business Intelligence Tools – (one or more of Business Objects, Tableau, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (MS SSRS))
Nice to have:
- Some application development programming language
- Knowledge on development methodologies: Waterfall
- Knowledge of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written to be able to work with a varied user base
- Previous experience in large corporate environments (Finance preferred)
Did you asked yourself the right questions before applying for this opportunity?
- Why join GROUPE ONEPOINT?
- What added value will you bring to the Group?
- In your opinion, what are the principal assets allowing to expend your expertise?
- In the next 5 years, what are your evolution wishes?
· Experience : 10 years’ relevant experience
· Contract : full time employee
· Reference : B19499
· Location : Montréal, Canada
Groupe ONEPOINT’s HR Recruiting team