Reporting to the Manager, Network Services, the incumbent is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, support and maintenance of highly-available and secure network security solutions. He/she ensure that network services are available on a 24x7 basis with minimal interruptions which may be caused by physical or virtual threats.
- Respond to incidents/service requests and work with appropriate support personnel on a technical level to resolve in a timely manner.
- Monitor, detect and address network security & availability issues.
- Apply software/firmware patches to network support systems (e.g. Firewall, IPS, WAF, Network monitoring, DHCP, RADIUS).
- Install customized network security management solutions specific to university requirements
- Design and implement network security solutions.
- Evaluates current hardware and software implementations and recommends appropriate improvements.
- Document network security systems configurations and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and two to four years of related experience, of which two years of experience in Cisco network and systems administration. Prior experience providing consulting services to clients desirable.
- Cisco certifications: CCNA and CCNP or CCSP (or equivalent certifications from other manufacturers)
- Cisco certifications: CCDP/ CCIE (or equivalent certifications from other manufacturers) an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to operate efficiently, and effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Dedicated to providing exemplary customer services.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Application/Stateful/UTM firewalls, Web content filtering, Web application firewalls(WAF), IPS/IDS, Wireless Security.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience supporting network services applications such as DHCP (ISC), DNS (Bind), RADIUS ( FreeRADIUS).
- Excellent knowledge of and experience using network management/diagnostic tools (e.g.Cisco Prime, NetDisco, Sniffer)
- In depth knowledge of and experience working with operating systems such as Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Windows , Mac OS X.
- In depth experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, Routers, Firewalls, WAF, VPN services.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN, QoS, and VolP infrastructure is desirable.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols and standards - SIP, MGCP, RTP, RTCP, SDP, etc an asset.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (Level 4) to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions, and good knowledge of spoken French (Level 4). Written French an asset
- Familiarity with ITSM/ITIL processes and methodologies.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 1st, 2017, to Maude Bellenguez-Lavin, Senior Employment Advisor, at the following website: http://www.concordia.ca/hr/jobs/openings/job-description.html?f=detail&lang=E&job_no=2662.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
$62,703.84 - $74,936.90 per annum
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.