The Director, Business Solutions Delivery leads a portfolio of BDC's business applications. The Director is responsible for new developments, enhancements, ongoing maintenance and production support across all platforms. He or she must meet established service level agreements (SLA) to ensure optimal availability and reliability of applications in support of business operations. In addition, he or she is in charge of the development of quality assurance and continuous integration centres of expertise (dev-ops). The Director also contributes to the overall strategic direction and management of the Solutions Delivery team.
- Lead the development of the Solutions Delivery group for new directions and help develop Information Technology (IT) into a strategic partner with our internal clients.
- Manage the timely and high-quality delivery of the elaboration, construction and transition-to-production phases of internal IT projects, according to the established PMM/PLC methodology.
- Partner with business functions to prioritize their change requests and develop implementation plans to support those priorities.
- Support other business solutions delivery groups in implementing test development environments.
- Manage the systems launch and oversee software quality assurance efforts for the entire solutions delivery group.
- Improve the Solutions Delivery group's cost effectiveness and client-valued services by keeping abreast of current and emerging technologies and best practices in the IT industry. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives, ensure BDC's technical environment can provide "best in class" service, streamline IT processes and, where applicable, implement Agile and other best practices.
- Contribute to the project initiation phase of business projects by providing delivery strategies and estimates to meet the defined scope.
- Help resolve interdepartmental issues related to scope, resource allocation, implementation and other factors.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and management of the Solutions Delivery group by helping them to set priorities, establish goals and initiatives, and formulate policies, methodologies and processes related to PLC processes.
- Help the group to identify providers of hardware, software and outsourced services. Keep abreast of current and emerging technologies and best practices in the financial market and in the broader information technology industry.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in IT (master's degree an asset).
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification (an asset).
- At least 20 years' experience in a variety of systems and technology leadership roles.
- Prior experience managing a software development quality assurance group and with a Dev-Ops group.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Global view of technical and business environments (ability to see the big picture).
- Ability to demonstrate influence and impact.
- Practical experience in managing business applications.
- Ability to assess issues at the tactical level and make recommendations for their resolution.
- Exceptional communicating and negotiating skills, in both the IT and the third-party supplier contexts.
- Comfort as both a leader and a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy.
- Ease in a strategic and tactical context.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bilingualism (an asset).
POSTING END DATE
February 3rd, 2017