The Kativik Regional Government (KRG) is a supra-municipal organization with jurisdiction over the territory of Québec located north of the 55th parallel. It is currently seeking a professional and autonomous candidate to work in the capacity of:
TAMAANI INTERNET SECTION, ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
(Permanent, full-time position)
Tamaani Internet is the KRG's non-profit Internet Service Provider (ISP). It provides satellite based broadband Internet service to Nunavik's residents, local businesses as well as public organisations.
Under the supervision of the Director of Administration, the Assistant Director – Tamaani Internet Section is responsible for the management of the operations and the development of this Section. The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan, organize, implement and monitor all activities related to the management of the Section and its services;
- Able to conduct business systems analysis and design, data modeling, process flow modeling, and processes;
- Manage the human, physical and financial resources under his/her responsibility;
- Keep up to date with rules and regulations pertaining to Telecommunication and Broadcasting;
- Plan and develop long term strategy for increased performance, visibility, market growth and adaptability;
- Oversee network architecture design, business processes, capacity planning and disaster recovery plans;
- Develop and implement superior standards in customer services;
- Carry out the implementation of different agreements and provide required reports;
- Provide reporting on bandwidth usage, current problems, historical and current trends and areas of traffic congestion;
- Ability to study, evaluate and review various telecommunications systems, networks, equipment and related services;
- Perform other related duties and additional tasks as requested by the Department Director.
- University/College diploma in a business administration field, with knowledge of network engineering and architecture. Exceptional relevant work experience will also be considered;
- A minimum of three (3) years of management experience within an Internet Service Provider (ISP) with solid and practical skills in project management, budget preparation and monitoring and employee management;
- Sound knowledge of broadband Internet facilities, systems and networks;
- Strong understanding of carrier-grade wide area and satellite networks in general, including specific problems and solutions related to latency, jitter, QoS and other parameters affecting real-time traffic such as video and voice;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational skills and initiative;
- Capacity to work with a minimum level of supervision;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in a multicultural environment (a strong asset);
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in two of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut.
- Place of employment: Kuujjuaq
- Salary: Based on the Management salary scale
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3 trips a year
- RRSP: 7.5% employer's contribution
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: Minimum of 30 days/year
- Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. January 24, 2017 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.