VKS (http://vksapp.com) is a software startup, based out of the greater Montreal area (Chateauguay), which has created a web-base solution to rapidly create and share visual work instructions. The software has been commercially available for several years now and targets many different manufacturing industries, like rail, automotive, aerospace, medical, contract manufacturing, etc.
Under the direction of the Marketing Manager and in collaboration with other members of the team, you will participate in all the integration work of the company and contribute to the development of innovative advertising technologies. You will work closely with a graphic design and ergonomics expert in order to ensure that the different projects are taken care of with ease.
As a web developer you will:
- create a new commercial Website using Drupal.
- develop and maintain clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards.
- apply all modifications et promotions.
- work closely with a Web Designer to develop and improve the site and retain the attention of the users as long as possible by providing excellent information and
- create responsive UIs.
- implement current design trends in UI/UX work.
- communicate and collaborate effectively with team members.
- proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change.
- identify new technologies that can improve product development and the user experience.
- build and maintain unit tests.
- ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again.
- create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
Required skills and experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years experience developing commercial websites.
- Prior experience in developing websites with CMSs, like WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Catalyst, etc.
- Experience with many modern front-end technologies like jQuery, jQuery UI, React, etc..
- Experience in user analysis, usability testing requirements analysis, and functional specifications.
- Experience working with MySQL.
- Experience creating responsive mobile & tablet-friendly interfaces.
- Experience with GitHub or an equivalent source management system.
- Knowledge of all modern browser types and their various idiosyncrasies.
- Prior experience in a LAMP development environment.
- Significant web design experience taking projects from concept to code to market.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Google Docs and Jira.
- Experience building multilingual applications.
- Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility and best practices.
- Have detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while participating actively in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong organization skills, self-motivated, team player, multi-tasking capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be fluent in both French and English.
- You are satisfied only when things are perfect.
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
- Google Tag Manager;
- Google Analytics.
Indemnities: To be discussed
Place of work: 1241 des Cascades, Châteauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2