Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Operational Support, the incumbant is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and effectiveness of information technology used throughout the Windsor Police Service.
- Must possess a University Degree - four (4) years - in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Management, Business and/or Financial Management or other related field;
- Must possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from an accredited educational institution;
- Up to six years pre-job experience in a related field with supervisory experience;
- Extensive experience with strategic development and initiative-based project leadership;
- Extensive experience with effective and efficient technical solutions development, project management practices, and people leadership and development;
- Proven track record with product delivery, ability to meet deadlines, development of project plans, and results orientation;
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines;
- Ability to create and review technical and financial documentation;
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences;
- Highly developed understanding of policing technology regulations, standards, and best practices;
- A clear and solid understanding of the issues faced by the Windsor Police Service policing technology as a whole.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a thorough background and reference investigation and must successfully pass a pre-employment medical.
- Applicants must provide a copy of the required degree, a certified copy of course transcripts and must also forward their resumé and cover letter, indicating the title of the position applied to, by email (in pdf format), no later than 4:00 p.m. January 20, 2017, by clicking on the provided "Apply" button.
- We thank all applicants for their interest and advise and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
QUESTIONS & INQUIRIES
- Call 519 255.6700 x. 7922
Windsor Police Service is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace reflective of the community we serve. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibilitred under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).