Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future where you can make a difference in the lives of Ontarians? If you are an Information Technology Telecommunications professional, with a commitment to excellence in network architecture and its best practices, the Ontario Public Service (OPS) I&IT community has a challenging position for you.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior I&IT Architect, you will:
• lead the technical design and provide subject matter expertise and leadership in reviews of Enterprise IP Architecture and very large scale networking of Data Centre network architectures
• specify, negotiate and review modifications to IP-based services that conform to industry and OPS I&IT and Security standards
• lead the design and development of LAN/WAN/SDN/Data Centre/Cloud architecture artefacts that meet enterprise requirements
• lead the development of Enterprise network architecture standards related to the design, interconnectivity, and management of discrete internal, external, and virtual network environments
• provide innovative ideas and solutions using negotiation skills to gain support while promoting the value of telecommunication architecture and design principles
• develop and maintain business networks with internal/external stakeholders and manage providers of telecommunication services
How do I qualify?
• you have experience, knowledge and expertise in Data Centre Network, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, wireless services, Security Services, cloud services, and SDN networking
• you have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of IT strategies, policies, plans, standards, and current and emerging enterprise architecture and security principles
• you have demonstrated ability to analyze, define, evaluate and recommend on telecommunications architecture requirements, considering all domains for multi-ministry/large scale/enterprise-wide systems
• you have demonstrated experience in maintaining business relationships with, and acting as an intermediary between customers and the service provider(s) or internal service partners
Research and Analytical Skills
• you can develop cost-effective technical solutions to meet complex, multi-year plans, spanning multiple internal/external stakeholders and broadly defined business objectives
• you can research and recommend innovative telecommunications architecture alternatives and integration strategies in support of an on-going modernization of Telecommunications Services
• you can develop appropriate performance measures that are adaptive and responsive to address the continuous introduction of new and emerging technologies, use of unfamiliar or unproven technology, broadly defined or undefined business and systems requirements
• you have demonstrated skills with contract and vendor management to discuss/resolve technical issues
Consulting and Interpersonal Skills
• you have demonstrated consultation skills in meeting with clients to understand business needs and develop complex telecommunications solutions and provide advice on technical issues
• you have demonstrated ability to establish relationships with I&IT managers, network security experts, senior clients and project stakeholders
• you can consult with vendors, consultants and peers, to address issues and industry developments
• you possess demonstrated experience negotiating with service providers, clients and other IT groups to maximize service delivery, and minimize issues and problems
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• you possess oral and written communication skills to present Telecommunication strategies, roadmaps and solutions to senior management and other clients and stakeholders
• you have the ability to identify and resolve complex issues and provide senior level technical advice and guidance to clients and project staff
• you can lead planning sessions with vendors, corporate IT groups and stakeholders
Salary Range: $73,769 - $107,220 per year
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, January 20, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 101957 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.