Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future where you can make a difference in the lives of Ontarians? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with IT Source and the Ontario Public Service.
IT Source is an internal professional services organization in the Central Agencies I & IT Cluster of the Treasury Board Secretariat. Our branch offers the Ontario Public Service (OPS) I & IT community a modern, effective approach to resource acquisition for technology projects.
IT Source is currently looking for highly skilled technical professionals to join our high performance Senior Business Analyst team. In this role, you will be assigned to a variety of projects supporting the Ontario Public Service (OPS). You will have the opportunity to work with leading technologies on an interesting and diverse range of projects. As you move from project to project, your assignments through IT Source will vary in length and will be located at a variety of client site locations throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior Business Analyst you will:
- provide a comprehensive range of IT business analysis lead services for IT Source cluster clients.
- promote the appropriate application of I& IT to business problems and undertake comprehensive business needs assessments and analysis of complex business requirements.
- prepare and advise on business analysis policies, processes, best practices and standards to promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice.
How do I qualify?
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS KNOWLEDGE
- You have knowledge of business analysis including enterprise level and client program area business analysis and modeling expertise; related business analysis tools, technology, processes, and methodologies; business analysis-related technical and business planning.
- IT KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- You have knowledge of software development life cycle, design, development and integration; database concepts; user interface design principles.
- You have knowledge of enterprise architectural concepts specifically in the area of business architecture.
- You have knowledge of current trends and emerging technologies, specifically as it relates to business driven IT solutions.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- You can provide consultation and advice to senior cluster management and staff.
- You have client relationship management skills demonstrated through experience in business analysis.
- You have excellent team leadership, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- ANALYTICAL AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- You can accurately assess clients' business requirements and identify best technology solutions.
- You have experience monitoring project progress, resolving problems and reporting issues to ensure clients expectations are satisfied in the most cost effective manner.
- You can evaluate directions, trends, standards and policies in a complex and evolving environment using multiple sources.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- You have knowledge of service delivery management, portfolio, and program and project management in complex and dynamic IT environments.
- You have experience working in environments of change management, quality assurance, risk management, disaster recovery planning, and business continuity planning.
- You have knowledge of project management methodologies and practices to participate in and/or lead multiple, broad scope business IT initiatives.
- $68,536 - $100,994 per year
- Two (2) permanent positions
- 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
- You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
- A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Please apply online only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 100788, by Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
- Please follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.