CHIEF ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America's 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC's corporate mission "to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy".
We are currently seeking a Chief Enterprise Architect.
- Leads the development of an implementation plan for the Enterprise Architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies
- Providing recommendations for strategy and planning for the enterprise and devising implementation, migration and interface strategies to facilitate conformance to the Information Technology Architecture
- Providing technical leadership expertise to project teams and is responsible for the consideration of the long-term viability of the project level solutions and their impact on the TTC Enterprise
- Leading the creation or evolution of the Enterprise Architecture function or program, including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints
- Leading and facilitating the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
- Acting as leader and a project level contributor in the management of current and the shaping of next generation technology environments at the TTC
- Analyzing activities associated with enterprise architecture in an effort to improve efficiency and meet the future needs of the TTC
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for providing leadership in overseeing the work of Group and/or Department staff (either directly or through direct reports) ensuring that accessibility/accommodation needs of TTC passengers and/or employees are effectively met in a timely fashion in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with 7 to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (ie. technical architecture, solution architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management or operations management) in a heterogeneous environment or 5 years of experience in solution architecture, business analysis or business strategic planning
- Sound knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes and sound knowledge of all components of a holistic Enterprise Architecture
- Basic knowledge of financial analysis and models as well as a good working knowledge of a broad range of enterprise related technologies and tools
- Expert level understanding of software application design principles, including how subsystems or components should be structured or communicated and the rationale for any approach
- Sound understanding and experience in implementing an Enterprise Framework (TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner) and a strong conceptual understanding of network infrastructure technology
- Significant experience defining and executing a large scale business and IT strategy and a demonstrated track record of leading high performance teams in attaining challenging goals
- Project level experience in the full life cycle of technology implementation and configuration and a leadership role in successful project implementations involving web, middleware and integration technologies
- Practical understanding of web and infrastructure security and effective understanding of trade-off analysis and the ability to think strategically and act practically
- Strong customer focus and service orientation, strong leadership skills and exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, negotiation and political acuity
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and strong planning, organization, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Previous experience as a successful enterprise architect is highly desirable as well as significant experience in analysis, design and programming. Experience in a senior architectural position, managing a team of architects and experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders is also highly desirable
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $132,004.60 - $164,928.40 (Level 13SA) - 35 Hour Work Week
Deadline to apply is May 5, 2017
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
For more details and how to apply, please visit our website at https://ttc.talentnest.com/en/posting/27942.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee's relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570