Senior Analyst, IT Security Threat Management
If you are an IT systems and information security and threat management leader experienced in monitoring the threat landscape and developing proactive mitigation strategies, make a savvy career move by joining the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) Information Technology Services team.
Based in Toronto, and reporting to the Senior Strategic Technology Advisor, you will be responsible for the delivery of effective and proactive threat management services to protect IT systems and information assets. As a Senior Analyst in IT Security Threat Management, you will also ensure the adoption of optimal security posturing to address emerging and future threats, so as to mitigate the impact on access, modification, disclosure, and destruction of the systems and their information assets.
As a Senior Analyst, IT Security Threat Management, you will:
- Correlate events and indicators through security event and incident instrumentation, to applicable threats for rapid identification, and collaborate with other IT operational units for mitigation, reconciliation and resolution;
- Coordinate and collaborate with respective systems and information asset owners to ensure threats are flagged and appropriate mitigation plans are developed and executed;
- Develop and maintain threat management processes and ensure they are melded with other security, risk management and operational processes;
- Perform threat and vulnerability assessment of all IT systems and information assets, including the development of mitigation strategies;
- Develop, test and coordinate the implementation of threat management plans;
- Provide advice and guidance to the IT senior management team regarding the use of new technology across TDSB, its impact to the threat landscape, and areas of potential concern;
- Monitor the current, emerging and future threat landscapes, develop the necessary intel for TDSB, and communicate information to relevant communities;
- Develop and maintain documentation for the security systems, processes and procedures;
- Research, recommend, evaluate and implement security solutions that identify and/or protect against emerging/future threats and to respond to security violations;
- Identify residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposure based on corresponding current, emerging and/or future threats;
- Provide consultation and/or assess IT Projects for potential threats or exposures;
- Collaborate with all areas of IT to ensure appropriate controls are implemented to address potential threats;
- Develop and maintain threat-monitoring tools and solutions;
- Develop, and report on, performance metrics for threat management, breaches and vulnerability assessment;
- Conduct investigation of incidents, as well as analyze and report findings based on actionable security threat intelligence;
- Participate in the creation of threat intelligence procedures and documentation;
- Research, design, test and recommend threat-monitoring practices;
- Provide leadership in fostering equity and inclusiveness in the development and implementation of programs and services; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
To take on the role of Senior Analyst, IT Security Threat Management, you must have:
- A university degree in Computer Science or a related field with five (5) years' progressively responsible, related working experience in IT security/threat management in a large public sector environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Global Information Assurance Certification and Training in the following areas: Security Essentials, Information Security Fundamentals, Incident Handling, Intrusion Analysis, Forensic Analysis, Penetration Testing;
- Experience in monitoring the threat landscape and mapping potential applicable threats through the use of SIEM;
- Experience in vulnerability assessment of end points, switches, routers, gateways, servers, storage, storage area networks, firewalls, applications, web services, cloud services, etc.;
- Experience in penetration testing, rapid detection, reconciliation and resolution of breach attempts and breaches;
- Knowledge and experience in project management methodologies, workload forecasting, documentation and performance standards;
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of related TDSB policies and procedures, collective agreements and pertinent legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters requiring diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality; and
- Proven ability in promoting equitable practices which value inclusiveness and diversity.
Salary range: $86,643 - $103,973 per year
This permanent position, located at 1 Civic Centre Court (wheelchair accessible), involves travel across TDSB sites and requires access to a reliable vehicle for Board business.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, by 12:00 noon, April 27, 2017, quoting competition #SCH II-16-0450NE in the subject line, to:
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and adhere to fair employment practices.