Job Title: Senior ROME Specialist
Ticketmaster Canada LP
Status: Full Time Salaried employee
Job Description: Ticketmaster Canada LP, 1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J3Â seeks to fill the full-time position of Senior ROME Specialist, who will be an integral part of the development team responsible for the roll-out of the latest versions of the ROME Event Management System, the Live Nation Data Warehouse and the Business Objects Reporting System. The full-time, permanent position will be based in our Toronto, Ontario offices.
Compensation: Annual base salary of $150,000.00 CAD to $175,000 CAD per year (plus applicable bonuses) working 37.5 hours per week.
The successful applicant will be entitled to participate in all group health (Dental, Vision Care),Â hospitalization and disability or other insurance plans, sick leave and other employee welfare benefit plans as well as RRSP matching in which other similarly-situated employees of Ticketmaster in Canada may participate as stated in the company's Employee Handbook and in accordance with the benefit plans established by the company, and as may be amended from time to time in the company's sole discretion.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Implement, develop, test and maintain Ticketmaster Canada's ROME Event Management System, including Data Warehouse and ROME, and the related user-facing Business Intelligence Reports which allows Ticketmaster Canada to effectively support sales, marketing, budgeting, forecasting, financial data reporting requirements at all levels of management;
- Analyze ROME Event Management System requirements while developing concrete implementation plans, policies and procedures via report definition and development tools, financial and ticketing data warehouse development, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development and technical and process problem-solving methodologies using SAP Business Objects;
- Train local Canadian end-users and collaborate with Ticketmaster Canada's Operation team to identify and implement locally-targeted improvements;
- Maintain and develop the ROME Event Management System data feed into the Data Warehouse through data extraction, cleansing and transport of the internal event financial and ticket sales data;
- Reconcile and ensure integrity of data uploaded from the ROME Event Management System, ticket sales and accounting systems (including general ledger) based on knowledge of Rome data and data structures;
- Respond to user technical data issues and improvement requests and implement related updates to the system focusing on performance, data quality and integration of event, ticketing and financial data with data from other sources;
- Manage, maintain and improve the Ticketmaster Canada's Business Intelligence Report Library while responding to user report support issues and improvement requests, and implementing updates and new reports to address user requirements;
- Interface with Live Nation's worldwide end-user community to provide support and training and to facilitate effective use of the ROME Event Management System;
- Provide quality control for the ROME Event Management System while recommending ongoing technical and strategic improvements;
- Work with Ticketmaster Canada's Product and Design Teams to define and execute ROMEÂ Event Management System policies and best practices for consistency across domains;
- Work with Ticketmaster Canada's Business Intelligence Team to enforce best practices according to Ticketmaster Canada's pre-established policies; and
- Facilitate and conduct functional and global user acceptance testing of all proprietary software developments to the ROME Event Management System.
- Bachelors' degree in computer science, communications, math, science, business or related field
- Business Objects Certified professional X1 R2 or similar certification
- Three (3) to five (5)Â years' experience with ROME Event Management System, tools and software
- Five (5) to 10 years' experience with standard development and integration testing
- 10 or more years' experience with data warehouses and business intelligence
- 10 or more years' experience with database development, including databases from Oracle, DB2, Tereadata or SQL Servers
- Ability to communicate with developers, DBAs and vendor (SAP)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Strong technical writing ability
Please submit your application by email to: admin.resumes.
For inquiries, please call 416 345.9200.