Senior Programmer/Analyst – Interface Developer
Leverage your interface specification development experience in a health care environment
We currently have a regular full-time opportunity for a Sr. Programmer/Analyst – Interface Developer in our Information Services department. As a Senior Programmer, you will work with our interface team, which is responsible for our corporate interface engine, as well as with the approximately 70 ancillary system administrators: business owners and application vendors who are connected via HL7. You will review HL7 specifications, program, and document/test new or changes to interface configurations, and will also be part of the production support team that monitors and resolves any interface-related production issues.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Sunnybrook's interface standards. You will:
- Provide technical consultation to HL7 client (ancillaries)
- Review ancillary application vendors' HL7 documentation and provide recommendations on integration requests
- Analyze, define, design and complete specification development for HL7 projects
- Lead testing and production promotion
- Resolve client (ancillaries) issues during HL7 project implementation
- Participate in/use project management tools for status and reporting
- Detail and document interface engine production support protocols for post-implementation
- Production Support. You will:
- Investigate and resolve problems related to the network and interface engine
- Analyze interface issues (bad, cancelled messages) and provide end-user support
- Liaise with interface engine vendor as needed
- Coordinate and execute information system policy and processes
- Recommend process improvements (interfaces) that will allow Information Systems to better serve the client
- Interface Engine system requirements. You will:
- Be responsible for installation, upgrade, monitoring and maintenance of interface engine
- Prepare and present technical proposal to management, including (if needed) recommendations for external expertise
- Ensure all project work aligns with existing corporate systems and standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and skills required for the position of Senior Programmer/Analyst – Interface Developer include:
At least five years' experience in the IT field
Comprehensive knowledge/understanding of HL7 version 2.x standard and related practical experience in the Health Care environment
Interface specification development and review experience
Interface development experience with the Rhapsody Interface Engine (preferred)
Knowledge/understanding of Windows Server
Knowledge/understanding of SQL server and SQL query language
Working experience in any application development language
Good interpersonal skills
Project management skills
Ability to manage multiple projects and operational tasks concurrently
Ability to learn quickly
At Sunnybrook, it's about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It's about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada's premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via http://sunnybrook.ca/employment/position.asp?c=4&id=3801&page=34014.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.