The Children, Youth and Social Services I&IT Cluster with the Ministry of Community and Social Services is seeking a Siebel Team Lead to manage and coordinate the development and maintenance of Siebel systems. As the Siebel Team Lead, you will provide analysis and programming expertise, including analysis of user requirements, generation of prototypes for user consultation, and the design, programming, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance of large, complex and diverse I&IT applications.
What can I expect to do in this role?
You will: • Lead technical teams to plan, design, develop, implement, maintain and support ministry and/or enterprise applications. • Lead project teams, program staff and consultants engaged in complex business requirements analysis and development. • Provide expert advice to clients, program staff and senior management on application and database development, and the customization of large, complex and specialized computer systems and applications. • Oversee the full range of research into the acquisition of technology, systems and products.
How do I qualify?
• You have experience with Siebel configuration using Siebel tools, experience in OpenUI, eScripting, Siebel Workflow, Siebel BI Publisher Reports, Mobile Client, Jscript, /JQuery, HTML5, SQL, OIM/OID, and Oracle database in an AIX environment. • You have knowledge of Siebel application software to lead the design, development, upgrades, testing and implementation of Siebel functionality and configuration capabilities/tools.
• You demonstrate knowledge of I&IT policies to perform system analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of applications to ensure they comply with standards. • You have a strong knowledge of large hardware and software operations and utilities, productivity tools, client server architecture, mini-computer, PC technologies, online processing systems and database management systems. • You have knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and ITIL processes. • Your knowledge of rules based applications, tools and languages (e.g. OPA, PL/SQL, TOAD) enables you to oversee the entire development process, and plan and execute effective test plans for new or enhanced systems. • You are aware of emerging IT trends and technologies to keep informed of developments in design technologies.
Analytical and Reasoning Skills
• You are able to assess cost/benefit options and evaluate alternative systems designs. • You can evaluate potential impact of proposed system changes on existing service delivery and provide recommendations to clients. • You have the ability to develop test and trial applications to determine practical results.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• You can explain system development recommendations, and provide instructions on new and modified systems. • You are able to prepare business cases, systems documentation, user manuals and guidelines. • Your interpersonal skills enable you to discuss systems development options with clients, illustrate advantages and disadvantages of various options, and provide technical guidance to project staff.
Project Planning Experience
• You have experience in leading, planning and coordinating projects to analyze business and systems design requirements. Salary Range: $1,544.40 - $1,929.34 per week Additional information:
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, January 18, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 99992 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.